The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all ,if your not aware yet tunze is coming out with a new mini stream with the first to models set to come out in sept and the third in dec . the price range is some where around $50 for the 600 g.p.h model up to some where just shy of $ 80 for the big dog . these look like they will be the compact power head to beat . check them out on there web site under current news . i would post the pic of them but i don't know how !:nuts: i'm sure someone knows how !;)

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like the 6300 stream ! almost 8000 g.p.h.! wow!

·
Administrator
46,890 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm I see a couple of the small ones in the new 29, just need to figure out a cheap reliable switching device :)

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
I can definitely see one of these in my future.....

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Doug, Tunze has very emphatic warnings about not using a switching device on their high flow PH's that are house current items (the big Turbelle fixed speed pumps). The 6xxx Stream series are low voltage units with the single or multicontroller units, so although I do not know for sure unless these new units are controllable (READ AS "LOW VOLTAGE" PUMPS), I would research this some more before going out and buying several of the pumps and depending on the use of an inexpensive controller to run them...

JM2CW, and glad to see that a lower water-velocity pump is now available, thanks for the heads up folks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts