The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone has one of these....having an issue with bubbles overflowing the cup through the little vents at the top that I think are for locking the lid in place. Skimmate is about a 1/4 cup, but the bubbles are flowing out, pushing junk with it. Not sure how to fix?

It is between 6-8 inches of water depending on the time of day, which is within its recommended operating levels. It is about three weeks old now. when I first got it, it would fill and overflow with water in seconds, so I turned the screw to control the airflow to almost nothing and it has been running fine since. Over the last few days though, the bubbles have been coming out the top. Futuredoc, you on?

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only three things I can find to adjust: water level in the sump, air flow, and the external ring that helps control the level of water inside the chamber, but that is where it should be....for some reason is just pushing bubbles all the way up and over the collection cup and it is pushing out the holes on top. If I don't have it locked in place, it will actually push the lid off.

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't think so. I know it had to break in, so expecting a little out of the ordinary, but though it would have stabilized by now. Only thing I can think of is the water level in the tank can fluctation an inch or two over 24 hours and there isn't an ATO, but the internal skimmer chamber is regulated by the arm so it is staying consistent. I have been testing the parameters and there is a slight change over the week before I buffer again, but it is very subtle and over time, so doubtful. It takes a lot to change the parameters in 175g...unfortunately, I have managed to pull it off in the past :(

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, just short of scalding hot water to rinse everything avoiding contact with my hands to keep any skin oils off the innerworkings....this one has me stumped...where is Futuredoc when you need him?

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unless the ring that you say is right isn't right...I'm stumped...we need like a light in the shape of a skimmer that calls Futuredoc!
:funny: Though the general population would be looking at that going :confused:

Futuredoc, :help: :bow:

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
how about a pic or two?

The main thing I can think of is that your air intake is clogged or closed... try adjusting the airvalve.

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hehe...opened the air intake a little more and then cleaned the rocks, etc so there is plenty of crap floating around in the water...should see how it is doing pretty quick this way :nuts: Friday is a major water change day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts