The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding that my stream is too powerful for my setup and have been thinking of ways to slow the flow down?

It's on a controller but kinda pointless as both pulses are turned down as far as they can go! i was thinking of trimming the impellor but was worried about throwing it off balance if i was inaccurate with the trimming of both blades, is that possible? if not would that make any difference?

Every week when i Wc i wrap some floss around the intake that slows the flow nicely, would it be a better idea to block some of the intakes permanantly?

Any idea's that you can throw my way will be welcome:)

Matt

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way my scaping is it's only inches away from the right hand side , if i don't point it at the rocks i get a sandstorm, i'll take a pic

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i turn the pulses up my softies/lps get battered, i can't place any corals in direct flow and if i bounce the flow off the glass i get sandstorms, it would be nice to slow the flow and be able to use the controller, i have other flow at the bottom of the tank

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
not sure if this applies to Tunze's...but if you're trying to slow the flow, do it on the output, NOT the intake. Blocking the intake can damage the motor.

Again, that's with most pumps...not sure if it applies to Tunze's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts