The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good mawnin', TRT

It's a delicious 55º out right now. Coffee, oatmeat with diced apples and some of Dave's honey to go on top.

Hi, HHC!

We've gotten rid of our books on tape, and they will be on sale at the Library Store. Too bad to get rid of those, especially for foreign language instruction. Good part is, now we have more room for books on CD and MP3 formats.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Super Moderator
27,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a bunch of sleepyheads today!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Cath, Tim, Vince, LL, & Everyone! :)

More sunshine & 80's today. I could get used to this kind of weather.

Two *onday Night Football games was more than my tired old body could stand. I made it to halftime of the Chiefs/Chargers game but woke up this morning to an exercise machine informercial. Wish I could lose 20 lbs and look like Chuck Norris by simply buying a machine. :rotflmao:

Instead of biscuits & Gravy, I'm passing out Aleve to our two wounded motorcycle warriors.

We've gotten rid of our books on tape, and they will be on sale at the Library Store. Too bad to get rid of those, especially for foreign language instruction. Good part is, now we have more room for books on CD and MP3 formats.
Looks like cassettes are going the way of 8-tracks and VHS, not to even mention reel to reel, all once state of recording art. Even books are being threatened by Kindles. Just to point out, books don't need batteries. :read: ;)

Speaking of NFL football, someday you might see this kid playing on Sundays. He's almost always double-teamed but totally dominates the line of scrimmage. Gunter, #75, is the grandson of one of my best friends, who lives in Arkansas. I've known Gunter since he was a little kid (Well, he never was really little.;) ) and not only is he a great athlete, one of the nicest kids you'd ever want to know. He's just a junior in HS but already has the college scouts drooling. Pic (taken by my friend) attached below.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!

Dick:)

#2 was just about to have a very unhappy meeting with Gunter:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Good Morning Cath, And everyone!!

Just a bit of coffee for me please, Cath :drool:

Not quite as sore today. I'm not sure if it's just getting better, of if I've taken enough Motrum that the pain is deadened. I'm worried about the WV trip. We leave a week from Thursday and I have to be at my peak performance for Fri, Sat, and Sun :cry:

Staying home today and taking it easy ;)

Hope everyone is healthier than me!!!!

Have a GREAT day!!!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Good morning Gang. Just a quick note. I am packing my bags to head back to my home station next shift. Dog to the vet this am for a follow up then me to the dentist this afternoon for my semi annual scraping.
Hope y'all have a good day today.
Butch, just tape those ribs real good and have at it.
Gotta run. I'll peak back later.
Ray

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
Morning kids. I have to be at work an hour early today. :( I worked an hour over last night and had a little trouble getting to sleep. I'm glad I have a redbull in the fridge. More pre-employment evals today at work. Sometimes I really wonder when folks lie about their arrest record on an application for law enforcement. Do they think nobody checks that? :read:

My inlaws will be here when I get home. I am wishing I picked up a bit last night when I had insomnia. Oh well, it's family.

Cath, my stepfather will be very angry if his local library does away with books on tape. He listens to them everywhere he drives. He has tried to give me a few but his tastes are a little different than mine in books.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
Morning All!Thanks for the coffee and breakfast and Dick with Aleve!Feel better today also.Have a great day all!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Butch, Ray, & Jeremy! :)

Good to hear you're feeling a little better, Butch. To avoid pain in those ribs, just don't breathe. :funny:

Glad nothing got broke, George; on you and the bike.

Ray, one of these days you're going to need to slow down.

More pre-employment evals today at work. Sometimes I really wonder when folks lie about their arrest record on an application for law enforcement. Do they think nobody checks that?
:doh: Lyin' on a police application ain't real bright. :idea:
Some almost get away with it, though. Many years ago, it was discovered that the 'doctor' at the Tennessee State Prison had never even been to medical school. They said he was a good doctor, though. :funny:

Time to head for work.

Dick:

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Good Toozday morning all of TRT - Hi Cath - 55 degrees? WOW, that must feel like fall is in the air - it's 80 here and was 80 when I got up at 4:30 a.m. - - been at work 3 hours and I'm already pooped!

Gotta run, have a great day all
HHC

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
Good Toozday morning all of TRT - Hi Cath - 55 degrees? WOW, that must feel like fall is in the air - it's 80 here and was 80 when I got up at 4:30 a.m. - - been at work 3 hours and I'm already pooped!

Gotta run, have a great day all
HHC
I'll make a fresh pot of high test coffee for you.:gmorning:

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Butch, just tape those ribs real good and have at it.
Ray, I read that taping and wrapping are no longer recommended because it restricts the lungs and increases the chances of pneumonia. Maybe I just read to much...:cool:

·
Super Moderator
22,145 Posts
What a bunch of sleepyheads today!

I'm up I'm up! Put away the pots n pans already Cath! LOL

Morning all :thumbup:
Got up my normal time (1 minnit b4 the alarm :freak:) let the dawgs out, and while i looked away for a second , honest 1,, ok mebbe 4-5 seconds;) our long coat male Doxie decided he wanted to find that mole behnd the 3 car garage(and did not use a already there hole ) so when i turn the corner to start rounding up the dogs to go inside, i see Buster almost back legs deep in a hole he made in (again with the "seconds" thing:p)no time at all.Ya gotta see a Doxie dig a hole to understand/believe they can dig a huge hole in no time flat:agree:. sure it's impressive LOL, but not the thing you want to happen more thasn a few tmes since it gets old after that . So,,, now i got a long haired dawg w/a wet-dirty/almost muddy thing going on now and i have not even had my coffee yet :gmorning::ac39:. round everyone up, get in the house(making sure i have Buster in my arms b4 the door gets opened, duh) and head downstairs to give him a bath of course. Not the most fun-ist thing for me to do b4 my old bod gets limber and the morning meds to kick in. but we muddled thru it and Buster could tell it was not a fun bath and time in the blow dryer being pampered , this was a result of what he did.

So i finally got to enjoy my coffee, tho it was combined with some lil dawg grooming on my lap at the same time.

Now everyone, short of Biz the house Shepherd,is tucked in bed w/ Blyth after she got home from her stint in the ER. Then i brushed out a whole new dawg outa Biz when we both went back outside during a lil one on one time, and now i think i can start the rest of my day :D.

Butch , hope ya feel better soon. Think yer right on the "they don't tape/bind ribs " nowadays. Think you are to throw in some slow deep breaths once inna while to keep thing moving.

No Meester Fox sighting as of this morning, so that is a good/bad thing.

Well, on to the daily chores now, and then fill in the blanks with whatever gets put on the list by me afterwards.

Hope everyone has a great day! :wavey:

·
Super Moderator
27,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gotta clock in soon, but I have to answer two comments:

Looks like cassettes are going the way of 8-tracks and VHS, not to even mention reel to reel, all once state of recording art. Even books are being threatened by Kindles. Just to point out, books don't need batteries. :read: ;)
We have downloadable books here, too, but they do not work on Kindle. That's Amazon ONLY. Ours work on Sony and ? (forget the product), but our books are FREE. More on that later..

Cath, my stepfather will be very angry if his local library does away with books on tape. He listens to them everywhere he drives. He has tried to give me a few but his tastes are a little different than mine in books.
I hate that cassettes have gone by the wayside. Books on CD are plentiful, and that's what I do. :D

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Butch, that was somewhat tongue in cheek. I frequently forget that the majority of communication is nonverbal and does not travel well on the internet.
You would never want to tape all the way around. Tape just over the injured area to help stabilize the injury is okay. And you don't want to leave it taped. Keeping it taped all the time is what limits air exchange encouraging pneumonia. Just tape as needed for over doing it. ;-)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts