The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....At least by one day. 🤔

Good morning Y'All, and HAPPY TUESDAY!
Sounds like the same weather misinformation as I saw yesterday morning......so uhhhhh🤔 pack the sun tan lotion as well as the umbrella, swim wear and parkas.:cautious:

Coffee is available, and since Cath liked em soooo much yesterday, there's more Milk chocolate brownies for your crumbly delight.

Beginning to 'feel like fall' at the boatyard.....not so much the weather, but the ebb n flow of boats. Storage boats and 'winterizing' is picking up........much nicer doing that work while you can still feel yer fingers.

Hope awesome falls into All's vocabulary at some point today,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and milk chocolate brownies, Hack! Never heard of the until I met you. I’ll add oatmeat all dressed up with apple chunks and walnuts.l
Hooe you have a day of ZERO injuries!

Yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving. Hope Rick pops in today so we can hear about his vacation and we can wish him Happy Thanksgiving.

Going to get the tires rotated and also order new tires. Need a few maintenance things done as well. There’s an odd clicking sound under the dash that I hear every so often, and I bet it won’t be heard today. 🤔

On with the day!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Good morning Hack ,Cath and all.

Thanks for the coffee and I will take you up on the oatmeat.

We are warming up again here in the 80's.

Yeah , seems like a long time since Ricks last post,

Have a good day.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
I miss Canadian Thanksgiving. We got Shanghaied at a joint base in British Columbia in my submarine days. The Canadian guys had a torpedo tube on their destroyer filled with ice and beer. We had a great meal, then were dumped down our hatch slightly tipsy later on.

Lots of documents to do at work, but more fun than making shingles.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Morning Hack, Cath,and Vinnie, along with those checking in today.
Weather seems to be matching up with the calendar lately, temps dropped a bunch after the heavy rain and tornado warning weather came thru last night.
Cold , cloudy n damp this morning , sets the tone for my ‘tude and busywork plans for the day.

While I get a fair amount of items from Prime and other “easier to click n get than going old school shopping” ways of buying stuff, have a head scratcher I was informed I was gonna be receiving via UPS. Something from a Buick dealership, hmmm. The only thing I can think of is that it is something new truck related, but for the life of me and not doing a little research , I dunno what it could be. Heck, I have a new rear bumper for the truck( dealership I got the truck from sprung for a new bumper to replace the current one with a few teeny( but glaringly obscene to my eyeballs) but I’d have to swap bumper parts n pieces other than the chrome base hunk o metal,,, via USPS ( yeah, I wanna see the carrier shove THAT in my mailbox , haha)
I’m not seeing anything GM/Buick/truck related as purchases in Prime or other buying’ sites, hmmm.
Time will tell.

Being cooler outside kicked started my getting stuff here loaded up and taken to the auction house for their Nov. consignment auction. Being cooler helps me not get whupped by heat n humidity quicker, plus I need to get moving on moving this stuff outa here. Gonna make the call and work out getting it to them inna bit.

Sun Conures have been quiet for the most part. Word is they are a “noisy “ boid, but even when they
make noise( after having experience with them when I managed a brick n mortar full line per shop back in the day) it’s nothing “noisy”, but then again I’m used to LOUD parrots during my life, heheh. They have been vocal when I happened to remind the dawgs to “shut up” a few times, but nothing ear shattering .
Middle dawg Scruffy seems to be oddly wound up when the Conures get vocal , could care less when there were parrots here in the past. Methinks it’s because the Conures lean toward making “outside” bird sounds, and Scruff takes on the job of telling the birds at the feeders to vacate the premises.
Imagine things will change when a macaw and her new sounds/screams to their dog ears happen in time.

Oatmeat and coffee for the day’s offering today,

On the day at hand,

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Morning everyone chilly 28f at moment, might get to 60ish later, fall definitely here. Order day at work so crazy pace will increase. Busy lately, lots of fuel and propane sales. Should get real crazy as it's "harvest time" so propane sales will jump since most of the drying shed use lots to dry the "hemp" off to the races but I have extra coffee on with cinnamon rolls.
Can't wait to find out what Buick accessories you got Jeff, say hi to pack and flock. Hey that would be a killer name for Viking metal band ;)

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
0h kriminy it freaking cold out, 24 down here, brrrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Anybody interested in a free ride in a helicopter for 5 people? I’m still looking for 3 more people to join us. We are leaving Saturday 10-23 and we are going to fly to Nassau in the Bahamas where we will have lunch on a friends yacht. Then to the beach and port for dinner.
If interested please PM me. Preferably someone with a helicopter and a yacht, otherwise we can’t go ...

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Afternoon all,
Doug, still have not figgered out what is coming from a Buick stealership for me ,, most everything I have ordered etc . Has either been accounted for, delivered, in its way, but imagine I will hit my forehead if whatever shows up is something I actually intended to buy.
Cool n gloomy out, perfect setting for my getting active outside. Still in a t-shirt but dunno the temp , but I think I’m prob the only one in my county outside and inna a t-shirt( and was on the brink sweating , heheh.)
Removed the concrete surround sections around the trees that will be removed in a week or so, removed mulch and hostas for relocation elsewhere.
One maple out front is in Blyth’s garden at one corner, so will have to remove/move the hosta colection there ( hostas are my thing, I like the low maintenance of them along with the variety of colors) plus they are everlasting since you can divide em with a axe and get many from one as they grow in size.
Took the standby generator from the pole barn ( new on pallet -new used) outside to dust off and take pics to sell it on FB Marketplace. Was turning into a big deal to install ( cut up back patio for fuel lines etc. ) plus I have a huge portable gen that’ll do the same job if/when needed.

Also called the auction house to start the ball rolling on a future consignment auctioning off of the “stuff” in the attached garage and elsewhere. Mostly antique furniture/cabinets, wood burning kitchen stove, lamps and etc etc. of “stuff”. High end bicycles, and household “stuff” .
Of course, the person/persons in charge of the auctions was not there today, so will get a call from them eventually. Also want to discuss Blyth’s Dopey/Snow White collection and her Possible Dreams Santa collection for their big anniversary auction where the primo stuff will be. Was not bragging or talking over my skis when I told the lady that this is probably one of the largest, most complete and high quality of vintage ( 30’s ) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs , with Dopey being a big percentage of the collection in the country.

Since I had to move stuff to get the General gen out, looks like my next chore will be cleaning up/organizing the stuff there, along with getting out the 2nd/back up small riding mower so I can have its deck in the shop so I can fab up the deck plate for the TracVac to use on leaves this season. The guy I bought it from had a small Deere mower, of course the plate will not find my lil mower but at least I have the “bones” to work with .

Better get back to “work” , I sit here too long and my on switch goes to “off”.

Carry on TRTrs!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kinda slow around here today.... 🤔

Evening's winding down.....had a home full of company, and the last has gone THAT WAY! Animals are fed, as well as people......there's still some hot dogs, sauerkraut, and baked beans to pass out.

Weather wasn't as bad as yesterday, but a 'London drizzle' lingered through the majority of it. Still T-shirt weather around here, but SUPPOSED to change come next week..... perhaps what them out West are having now.

Vinnie.......if'n I didn't take the time to finish your' little joke, I was heading for the phone to tell Jen to pack.:rolleyes:
Anybody interested in a free ride in a helicopter for 5 people? I’m still looking for 3 more people to join us. We are leaving Saturday 10-23 and we are going to fly to Nassau in the Bahamas where we will have lunch on a friends yacht. Then to the beach and port for dinner.
If interested please PM me. Preferably someone with a helicopter and a yacht, otherwise we can’t go ...
GOOD ONE!👍

Well there be tired in me looking for some attention.....Good night Y'All,
Hack
'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts