The Reef Tank banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Tuesday Morning TRT!

Today is a special day in honor of all of our veterans; those who have served; are serving; and especially, the brave men and women who gave their lives in service to our country. In the U.S., it's Veteran's Day; in Canada, it's Remembrance Day.

This is my salute to our Veterans; taken in D.C. this past August:

A dear friend in Canada put this one together:
http://www.bytephoto.com/photopost/data/500/103Composite_Remembrance_Day_01_Frame.jpg

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Dick:)
USAF 1966-1971

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
Good morning Dick and TRT.

that was a another good picture Dick. it has been many years since i have been done to DC to see the memorial....

waky waky people.... coffee is on.

oh cath and jeff.... just wanted to let you know i got up early today so i had a hot cup of coffe and many a few fried eggs and had it with some left over it. sausage from last nights dinner:funny: :funny: :funny:

hope you all have a good one.

·
Super Moderator
28,489 Posts
Good mawnin' Dick and Tim and TRT!!

I'll have the coffee and eggs, but skip the meat part, Tim ;)

Ahhh...Dick...I knew you would have the perfect photo to start our day off with patriotic thoughts of veterans. Today I am wearing a couple of poppies to honor the veterans that have been or continue to be part of my life. God's peace to all veterans and to those who are still serving.

Love, hugs, and peace to all of us for that matter.

·
Super Moderator
22,752 Posts
Mornin all,,
thanks for the pic of the day ,Dick
like Bob mentioned, damp n dreary here in Indiana,,,even two hrs. north of him n Shirley,,,

every one have a great day

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Good morning ya all. I heard this sone the other night in the car and found the words to it and I thought it was approiate for today
Have a good day and to all the Vets out there Thank you.

Artist Darryl Worley
Album I Miss My Friend
Song Pow 369

I was flying down the highway
Weaving in and out of traffic
I was racing time
An old man pulled out in front of me
And I went crazy as can be
I lost my mind
I blew my horn till I got close enough to see
And what was on his car-tag sure convicted me

POW 369
I should slaute you from this heart of mine
And thank you for placing your life on the line
For me, I'm free
I pray that the rest of your journey is a peaceful one
And may you take your own sweet time
Mr. POW 369

The things we take for granted
In this life we lead are tragic
We should be ashamed
He left his home and family
And cast his fate across the sea
Would we do the same
Well I sure bet he's got some stories he could tell
Ain't that many ever made it back from hell

POW 369
I should slaute you from this heart of mine
And thank you for placing your life on the line
For me, I'm free
I pray that the rest of your journey is a peaceful one
And may you take your own sweet time
Mr. POW 369

·
Registered
565 Posts
Good morning everyone! It has been a long time since I posted but I am back new and improved version 2.0. :)

My wife and I have been busy the last couple of months preparing for adopting a little girl from China. We are in the home stretch and are making the final preparations to travel to China to pick up my new daughter. She is eight months old. Everyone please pray for safe travel overseas and back.

Happy Veteran's Day and Thank you for keeping this country safe and free. Talk to you all later.

Earl

·
Super Moderator
28,489 Posts
Earl!!! It's great to hear from you :) Thanks for the update on your adoption....when are you traveling to China?

We welcome her with open arms and hearts. Godspeed on your travelling there and back.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't know when we are traveling as we are still waiting for our Travel Arrangements which is getting frustrating because we are ready to get her home. We were suppose to travel the last week in November but that has now been pushed into December. We will see I really don't want to travel over the Christmas Holidays. I will let you know.

Earl

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Morning Dick, Tim, Cath, Jeff, Bob, Stang, Buckwheat, Earl, and the rest of TRT!!! Whew, that's a lot of names! :D
Earl, that's amazing about the China adoption! Congrats! :beer:
Dick, another beautiful pic! Maybe someday I'll figure how to get pics from the camera to the comp in less than 30 minutes! :lol:
I could go for some eggs and sasuage, all I had was some Special K! But i've got chocolate malt ovaltine, so it's all good! :funny: It's cold and rainy here, so I've got the fire going :D
Everyone have a great day!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Or so they say on the commercials! :funny:

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Good morning TRT!

A heartfelt thank you to all who have served our country and a prayer for those still in service that they come home safe and sound.

Earl, what an exciting time for you! I hope the travel arrangements are worked out very soon :)

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Earl hope it all works out :D
Sorry I missed this thread earlier, my bad, but I stole this and wanted to share it with you all
It is the VETERAN, not the preacher,
> who has given us freedom of religion.
>
> It is the VETERAN, not the reporter,
> who has given us freedom of the press.
>
> It is the VETERAN, not the poet,
> who has given us freedom of speech.
>
> It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer,
> who has given us freedom to assemble.
>
> It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer,
> who has given us the right to a fair trial.
>
> It is the VETERAN, not the politician,
> Who has given us the right to vote
>

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
To all the grave markers that cast a shadow of our veterans who gave the supreme sacrifice, I stand in awe and honor in the presence of your spirits as they hit deep within this veteran's heart! God Bless! Johnny:)

·
Registered
570 Posts
digital_dragon said:
Good morning everyone! It has been a long time since I posted but I am back new and improved version 2.0. :)

My wife and I have been busy the last couple of months preparing for adopting a little girl from China. We are in the home stretch and are making the final preparations to travel to China to pick up my new daughter. She is eight months old. Everyone please pray for safe travel overseas and back.

Happy Veteran's Day and Thank you for keeping this country safe and free. Talk to you all later.

Earl
That is GREAT!! My aunt's sister adopted two absolutely adorable little girls from China. They flew over there both times to pick them up, no complications or anything everything went real smooth. Cant tell you not to worry :) but from what I hear it was a very pleasant experience and the two little girls are happy and healthy and loved to death in their new home and country. Hope everything goes smooth.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks to all who posted in this thread. I am prior marine and it really means alot that people appreciate the Vets. To all Vet's I salute!! Your sacrifice makes me able to have a reef tank in my basement and teach my boy about the ocean!! :) Semper Fi and God Bless the USA!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.