The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
馃榿......Without Perry or Rick's early morning humor, having to reach here.

Good morning and HAPPY TUESDAY TO ALL! ("Boy I sure hope this is actually Tuesday?馃")

Coffee is going, and Carnation Instant Breakfast-milk chocolate get's the tag......unless someone has found some Famous Amos 'lap candy'?

Had some SEVERE thunder boomers pass through in the wee hours, as well as a local fire siren going off just prior to the 1st clasp, as well as a blip type power outage that woke me up when the AC went off making it 'too quiet'. Of our current in home 3 dogs, the oldest, Rosebud Hannah is the one that does NOT like a good thunderstorm.......shakes.....man does she SHAKE! Curled up between us in bed with both of us holding her. Felt like one of them cheap hotel 'vibrating beds' that you had to feed coins to.

Supposedly some stray showers this morning, but the day awaits......Hope PEACE rules,
Hack

Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Old and broken is not how I thought being almost 63 was gonna go, sigh.
Will be turning 63 myself this week Jeff.....got to remind the 'TRT BIRTHDAY TRACKER'......well I haven't hit the OLD or BROKEN stage yet. We'll just be ignoring that whole neck thing, it's just a 'blip'. Which is actually improving immensely....as long as I don't do anything. 馃 馃榿......Well.....maybe a wee dinged.
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and Carnation鈥檚 Instant breakfast. Oatmeat with chopoed up nanners and walnuts is ready for sharing.

Sorry to hear that Rosebud Hanna had a bad time last night. Good thing she had you and Jen there to comfort her in her fear.

I hear ya on being surprised what your version of almost 63 (yep, I got the hint). I feel the same about my version of 70.

Hope you can state your case to the boss with firm dignity, which is the way he should be acting towards you! Good luck!

Jeff - What on earth did you do to your finger? Sounds like a spider or insect bite of some kind. My right hand swole up like that when Sophie accidentally bit it too hard one morning. I think you need medical care.

My left arm is a tiny bit sore from the Covid Pfizer booster I had yesterday. About like a fly shot.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Premium Member
Good morning Hack , Cath and all,

Thanks for the coffee,

Have my oncologist appointment today, then off to a fish store I think.

63 is still a youngster. I will be 70 next year.

We will be drying out this week if the weather people are correct. We need it.,

Yeah been missing Perry and Rick.

Have a great day.

Administrator
Morning all getting ready to head out to work. Coffee is on if anyone needs more. Where are Rick and Perry? Gonna have to activate SAR

Super Moderator
Rick is vacationing until 10/12, I think.

Premium Member
Doctor appointment went really good they are happy for my improvement and have scheduled me an appointment for the Friday to remove the feeding tube that I have been using for almost two years until a month ago when I decided to stop using it.
Friday will be a long day without food or drink from Thursday at midnight, two hour prep and removal at 12. They said I only lost two pounds since late July. I thought it was more trying to work out my calories.

Administrator
Good on your progress Vinny, I bet you cant wait to have real food again.
Hack what is the latest in negotiation?

Super Moderator
Evening all,
Cath , dunno what I did to the digit in question, woulda thought I鈥檇 remember the initial bang/smack/jam based on how the finger ended up hurting . Actually a wee bit better today , can 鈥渦se 鈥 my hand a bit more and the finger is not jumping ship on helping the rest of em.

Front windows got tinted this morning , left early for the place and got there 20 minutes before my appt., which luckily they started that much sooner , hence getting outa there that much sooner .

Wavered on getting the TIG welder ordered ( the ad for the place , instead of saying 鈥渢his many in stock at your chosen store鈥, it said to visit said store to order) First time I was there , I passed on ordering one, drove down a road a bit , my next stop the place was 20 minutes from opening so I checked the email about the welder again,, saw that the sale was to end in a few days, and decided to kill time and go back to order the welder . Showed the cashier youngun the email/pic so he could order it , then the manager said they had on in stock( I looked , nada on display) walked over and they pointed to a box on the ground, was the welder, geez. Of course none on display, but at foot level there was a sealed box oh well.
Took it home and found to at to e license plate for the truck showed up in the mail, so of course I had to put it on and check that last bit off the list on the truck being 鈥渕ine 鈥 ( weird I know)
New welder and battery charger still in boxes out in the shop, Had to deal with bill paying and trying to get my 鈥淓xPass 鈥 transponder put on the account for the truck( toll road reader thingie) no human to talk to there, right now going thru emails to someone there , since I can鈥檛 log in to my account ( been 10-12 yrs plus I鈥檝e had it) and think that prob some of the account/payment was Blyth鈥檚 doing, and that info is in the wind.

Dogs are whimpering in the house now, they want to go back outside and bark at the rabbit on the other side of the fence that did not move the first time ( and kept on munching on the grass) they will get over it,

On to the evening,
Hope everyone had a great day!

Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First off.....HI Jeff! And uhhhhh, Cath?

OK then.......I am at peace! The boss pulled me aside today and we had our 'chat'. I started out by pacing off our arm lengths so there'd be no sucker punches, as he was a Golden Glove.
After all the praying, our Lord gave me the words, and demeanor to not only confront him, but come across as a friend. He seemed to have been hearing what he needed to hear, and appears to have gone right to his heart.......time, time will tell, but today went well.

Great news Vinnie, and sure hope the procedure, and prep goes smooth, easy and FAST!

OK, let's see....Cath's covering for Rick, but we seem to have misplaced Perry.....hmmmmmmm 馃

Let's see who's out n about tonight.....
Hack

Super Moderator
Vinnie - Great news about that blankety blank feeding tube to be gone! You can really enjoy Hack's birthday cake coming up soonish. ;)

Jeff - Good to hear that your finger is acting like it's a partner to the rest of your hand.
Question about tinting truck windows....what is that desirable? (you can see that I am really in the know...)

Hack - Yay! Now we can release our collective breaths. I'm glad it went well for you (and your boss) today. Hope the good relations continue.

BTW...I looked at the grocery store chain that I use...No sign of Famous Amos. If I had found a box, I would have sent some to you, Hack.

Grooviness reins tonight!

Administrator
Evening all, took defective printer back to Staples. got a refund on CC I bought it with. Saw another one (opened) behind the counter so I took the refund, went to another store and got an HP. Dinner is cooking, rain in forecast so I wanna get it grilled before it gets dark and wet. After dinner I might try to hook up the printer, but if it aint quick and easy I am gonna flip out.
Hope the truce applies Hack. Sounds like you have had a productive day Jeff. I am hungry and tired , catch you later. Sweet Dreams

1 - 14 of 14 Posts