The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the whole injector soaking in vinigar. cannot get the ring/collor off of it so that I can get it fully apart to clean. any suggestions on how to get the ring off without breaking it?

·
Monkey Man
409 Posts
use channel lock pliers. only grip the collar tight enough not to slip, turn the collar to losten its grip, then pull it off.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah. tried that a bit already but it seemed I was going to have to really crank on it to get it off and probably crack the ring. maybe soaking it more will help. skimmer has been sitting unused for a while so it is grown on there pretty good.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
soaking all day in vinigar. still will not budge. starting to think it is glued together.

maybe really hot water then quick cool off to break it loose? cant seem to get a screw driver blade under it either to pry it off.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
maybe try boiling it for a minute or two...
not to long, just long enough to make it a tad soft to break the seal...
then let cool and take it apart...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yah. I soaked it in hot water from the sink, gripping it hard enough to squeeze it out of round, still will not budge. might just have to give up. oh well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
that really sux, having something thats stuck and nothing to do about it except break it
anyways goodluck with it

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
The ring on the beckett injectors is the 20 schedule pvc pipe, you can pick up a replacement at HD or Blowes by just cutting a new ring with a pair of PVC scissors. Make sure that you're working on the correct end as well, I have made the mistake when really tired of trying to remove the wrong end. It should be the end that threads onto the male nub in most appications.

If you're coming up for the BBQ, bring it with you, even if we break the ring removing it, we'll be able to cut a new one for you while you're there. It might take 2 minutes... :D

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I gave up. interesting to know that Ace has them though. water sprinkler section?

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
or use a Dremel tool to cut the old ring off

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yahI gave up. but let me ask a different question though. the flow through the injector should be going through the pointy end and exiting the rounded end right? (refering to the center shape) just want to make sure I dint put it back in the pipe backwards.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
akula said:
...the flow through the injector should be going through the pointy end and exiting the rounded end right? (refering to the center shape) just want to make sure I dint put it back in the pipe backwards.
yes, you are correct, there are holes drilled in the body of the retaining shell for the venturi device that should be on the upper half of the shell casing, they are next to the end sleeve that holds the two halves of the shell together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts