The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to figure this thing out. Geez, I thought the learning curve on keeping reefs was bad enough... :)

Canon PowerShot A70
Macro mode

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another.

'P' mode, iso 100, wb 'cloudy'

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Someday cat I will learn to use macro on my nikon 990 coolpic camera! Very beautiful pics!! Way to go!! Keep 'em coming!!:)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Johnny, you've posted some great pics- if you haven't been using macro, you don't need it ;)

I'm having trouble with the full tank shots. The flash changes the color of the tank (really ugly) and also glares off the glass. 'No flash' gives great color but the pic is too fuzzy because of the slower shutter speed. Still fooling around with the iso, wb etc. I'd use a tripod but the dang fish keep moving...

I'll keep playing :D

·
Registered
807 Posts
Cat, I really like the pic of the zoos, if you ever get overrun by them let me know and I'd be more than happy to take a few off your hands. Looks great.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Those look great CAT. For full tank shots use the tripod. If you have manual settings then open the aperture all the way and increase the shutter speed to freeze the fish.

HTH.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the hint Rick :) This camera has 'manual' control so I'll try that. I can also contol the output of the flash which might help. Gotta love these digitals - doesn't cost anything to take as many pics as you want.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is my cool bubble coral . Kind of looks like an octobubble on steriods :D Can inflate to about 7 inches across, and the mouth is about 3 1/2 inches long :eek:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
cat those pics are spectacular!!! glad to hear you're getting the hang of the new camera!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts