The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 2 24'' marine fusions over a 20 gallon high. What exactly can I support with that lighting? And if I get another one?

·
Registered
952 Posts
i believe the true lumen site only recommends soft corals with there fixtures. Looking at the specs not really up to other reef lighting on the market.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
You can't really grow much with those... If you look at it, there are dozens of smaller LED's probably running ~0.25w each (just a guess). Eleven 3 watt LED's running at 32w blast away tons of smaller LED's (like your strip) that still add up to 32w. You can't really compare just by their wattage. The PAR ratings will differ greatly between a small number of high powered LEDs and a bunch of low powered LEDs.

So maybe some zoas or shrooms, but really nothing much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much PAR would I need to grow basically anything? I don't know how these numbers fair: Two strips at 18 inches down, max 70?

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
200-400PPFD (photosynthetic photon flux [area] density) for most things... clams like 400-1000 while some lower-light softies will shrivel up and die in anything over 100-150PPDF

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, the most I can probably get for both of the lights plus the transformer is maybe 200. What do I buy then?
And so 3 strips wouldn't make a difference?

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
Okay, the most I can probably get for both of the lights plus the transformer is maybe 200. What do I buy then?
And so 3 strips wouldn't make a difference?
Add 50$ and you could get a nice 4 bulb t5.

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Check out RapidLED for some DIY kits. It is perhaps the best way to get a good product quality at a reasonable cost

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
It run two 12" on my 30g does well for softy and Lps for the most part. Really need three to get a good solid Lps. Cost wise their not the best but do work.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have three 24" strips laying around I'll sell them all to you cheap if you want they arent doing me any good that would put you at 80 Watts, it would probably be your best bet. These lights will grow things well I had lps, sps and a clam all grow well under them.

pm me if you are interested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts