The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I posted this story:

I was taking a few gallons of water from my main tank with a 1/2" hose. I turned my head for just a moment and I felt a thump in the hose and the water stopped. I looked up and my female clown was head first in the hose about 3/4 of the length of her body in the end. I tried to get her out. She was struggling while I tried. I cut the end of the hose off and tried to carefully and quickly use a razor blade to slit the hose lengthwise but it wasn't fast enough and she passed.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here was her Black Onyx True Perc Mate

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not wanting the other perc to be lonely, we set out to find her a new mate. True percs can be so hard to find so I didn't have much hope, but after visiting 3 LFSs, we found ONE!

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After a few hours of quiet time, they found each other!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I had my Percula Clown jump out of the 1" space I had left open to let air flow. It really sucks. Mine was part of a mated pair also.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few more!

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for your loss. I had my Percula Clown jump out of the 1" space I had left open to let air flow. It really sucks. Mine was part of a mated pair also.
Thanks

I felt awful last night! Still not great because it was a preventable accident. I do leave my top open. I can tell you I will ALWAYS be more careful while siphoning water from now on.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Percs are gonna do just fine! I forgot how rough they can be on each other while they hash out who is gonna be the dominant one. They are swimming with each other one minute and bashing each other into the glass the next.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for your loss Eric. I am happy you found a new one, but know that it is not and will not be the same. Good luck with them.
Thanks! I really do miss the old one. I had her for about 3 years.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Kelli!

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Yikes! I had read mentions of it but just now read the thread. That is sad :( Glad you found another one. I wish I could get LRN's mated pair but I can't right now :(

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yikes! I had read mentions of it but just now read the thread. That is sad :( Glad you found another one. I wish I could get LRN's mated pair but I can't right now :(
It was a tough situation. I'd have taken pics had it not been so serious. He was stuck bad.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One thing that surprises me about the new perc is that he looks awfully young to have a full tail stripe.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New clown spent lights out time up in the corner but is out and happy today.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts