The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a couple of bottles of the Tropic Marin Pro-Coral cure. Here's what the bottle says for those wondering....

1 ml per 200 ml saltwater- coral crabs should be removed. Coral placed in treatment dip for 10-15 minutes. During this time flatworms detach and fall off. Coral should be shaken in dip before returning back to the aquarium. Clutches of eggs found on the underside of the coral should be scraped off prior to adding the coral to the dip. The treatment should be repeated after a fortnight. Other parasitic and microbial diseases get treated like flatworm infestations.

Sounds like a good precautionary dip. There's been lots of hype about it on RC and people are getting great results from it. Never heard one negative thing about it...

Just an FYI for those that were interested....

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
should you take and dip the coral in another thing of clean saltwater to remove excess chemical ya think or not? Sort of a rinse job. Where did you get this from?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's made by Tropic Marin. I got some from one of our wholesalers. I know that fragfarmers carries it but, it seems like they are out of stock often. Sounds like some people are having a hard time finding it because the demand for it right now is soooo high.

I guess you could give it a rinse in clean saltwater prior to putting the coral back into the aquarium just to be safe.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David- yes- acro flatworms.

Jerry- not in person, but from what I have heard and read it works very well.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Tmpcc

I have TMPCC and use it and yes you do need to rinse the coral before you put the coral back in the tank, otherwise you are going to be adding iodine and who knows what back into your display. Can't speak for any "visual" results either way with stuff I've treated but I don't trust any corals I get from anywhere anymore so it is more piece of mind than anything. Speaking with the guys at the aquaculture facility at fosters and smith they said that they treat every coral they acquire with 2 chemicals :an iodine dip (possibly TMPCC) and levamisole. With as much coral as they go through I figure they know what they are doing:thumbup: Use at your own risk and take my two cents for what it is worth:rotflmao:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was reading today on RC that a double dose of Coral cure will also kill off red bugs. Supposudly a regular dose will not kill them but a double will. Same treatment- 15 minutes in a bucket- shake and blow off corals..red bugs and AEFW dead :eek:

·
Registered
748 Posts
jeffie said:
I was reading today on RC that a double dose of Coral cure will also kill off red bugs. Supposudly a regular dose will not kill them but a double will. Same treatment- 15 minutes in a bucket- shake and blow off corals..red bugs and AEFW dead :eek:
Did someone that had been infested with flatworms say that 15 minutes killed the large adults? I find this a bit hard to believe considering they've lived beyond 7 hours in Levimasole.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts