The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start up a 55 gallon saltwater tank. I just don't know what kind of tank it is going to be. I really like triggers. I like the niger trigger but i heard they eat all of your inverts and corals. But yet i have seen videos on youtube of a trigger in a reef tank and a cleaner shrimp cleaning a trigger. I would just like you feedback on your experiences with a trigger.

Thanks,
KRC522

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am partial to triggers myself and have had Niger, pink tail and blue throat in a reef tank in the past - but that was a 180. I think a 55 is a bit on the small side for any of the triggers I am aware of.

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
i have a niger and hes pretty mean. i havent had good luck with my triggers. my niger however is 2yrs old now. i had a picasso and he ate all my snails and hermits one day. i got rid of him. my niger killed a bursa trigger in my larger tank and i recently had a pinktail die for reasons beyond my knowledge. they are beautiful fish but id go fowlr if you want triggers. otherwise id avoid them in that small of a tank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts