The Reef Tank banner

How do you want the office of Treasurer handled

• Leave status quo--President, Treasurer, and membership coordinator can write checks and deposit fund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have Treasurer receive bank statement and the Treasurer and President make deposits and write checks

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Have Treasurer receive bank statement and the Treasurer and President make deposits and write checks

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • None of the above....no confidence in any of those three people.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I sincerely do not mean to stir anyone up by posting this, but the poll seemed to me too limiting.

I'll vote (although 4 BODs have agreed to the 3rd option), but here's my preference:

The Meeting Coordinator at the end of every meeting gives all money collected that evening (as of 9pm as well as any received via mail since the last meeting) to the Treasurer, if present, or if not present then to the Officer who presided over that night's meeting who would then make the deposit after having made copies of the checks. That presiding Officer would then mail the check copies to the Treasurer.

In addition, the President, VP and Treasurer should all have check writing authority, but 2 signatures are required for checks over $50 (as we agreed to a few months ago).

The bank statement would go to the Treasurer, while the President, VP and Treasurer would all have online access.

****** end ****

Thanks,

Bob

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
I'm posting this here because I think this is an issue for the true BOD only. Plus we all fight less.:)

According to Bob's PM I can authorize additional check signers. I have the phone number to call to request that signature cards be sent out. I'll do that when we decide who to add to the account (Andy, Charles, whoever else).

I was thinking about ordering checks with just "Atlanta Reef Club" and no address on them. Everyone ok with this?

I'm all for online banking but I can't understand why we're leaving Jenn's address on the bank statements. She's not an officer. I don't get this. Also why is a non-BOD authorized to sign checks?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with you Rick. The non address is good since the address will change yearly. I also think we should have the address changed...even if we do online banking. When you call them have the address changed please.

Also, we need to take Jenn off as a signer of the checks. If you need my address to send the letter, let me know...otherwise you can use my work address on my website.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
If you're not be able to remove the address from the check, I suggest that we get a PO Box at Mail Boxes Express or some place close to Rick's and lease it for 6 months.

Then if Rick is still treasurer next year (please don't read anything into this comment, because I think Rick is doing and trying his best in in very difficult situation), we can renew the PO Box.

Bob

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
I was thinking of ordering the checks from an independant check source so I don't think they care if there's an address or not.

According to the by-laws we can't hold the same office on consecutive years. Besides Jenn will surely worm her way onto the BOD so I won't want to be anywhere near.

I'm seriously considering forming another club.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Please do not take any offense to the next statement non was ment.

For the same reason Jenn's address is no good neither is Andy's address a posibility.

We really should just get a P.O. --- make it a fairly central location in Atlanta and be done with it.

Rick --- Starting up another club isn't a great idea considering all that has gone into making this club what it is.

Do Like I did and start up a SIG (maybe SPS SIG). Then you can have meetings on the weekend or whenever and you can set the stage for what you want to see happen.

SO far the Nano SIG has twelve members who sent me their info. I also have somebody setup to sell us all some cheap frags. Should be a nice small personal type meeting. This has added a few members to ARC and is a good compliment to the exsisting club. Plus we get to use the ARC beneifts for the Nano SIG. Really the best of both worlds and everyone wins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.