The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be driving to SC in a couple weeks and I'd like to bring some frags with me (sps and zoas). There's a possibility that they could be in confinement for up to 2 days. I was thinking that Tupperware containers in a soft cooler might be OK. I can bring a gallon of ASW with me to do a WC at some point. The soft cooler that I have, has a bottle that I can keep filling with hot water if necessary. Will it work? Or is it too risky?

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
bump.

my gut says sps's wouldnt' travel well over 2 days. but a cooler with heat packs is probably your best option!

·
11,345 Posts
Ive never done it myself but I would think that doing the water changes (with the same tank water...at temp) would certainly increase your odds a ton. This is just a guess but if your going to do it I would almost say do it every 8 hours just to keep the ph from dropping so much on your specimens. I remember an incident i had in the past in which i had to keep a bunch of specimens in a bucket for 3 days......i just kept changing the water and they ended up with no damage that i could tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts