The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Could I please get some suggestions on how to trap a flam tail blenny? He lives in a 25gal tank, full of rockwork and corals which I don't want to disturb.

This guy has 'nipped' one clam to death and is on his second one, I really want him out.

I appreciate all suggestions,
have a great day!

Todd

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
Hello!

Could I please get some suggestions on how to trap a flam tail blenny? He lives in a 25gal tank, full of rockwork and corals which I don't want to disturb.

This guy has 'nipped' one clam to death and is on his second one, I really want him out.

I appreciate all suggestions,
have a great day!

Todd
Bottle trap with a clams in it? Not real sure they are quick little guys thats for sure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well its gonna be hard thats for sure especially with you not wanting to disturb rock/coral. If you have no other option you could take the rock that he hides in out of the tank and over a bucket or bag or something with tank water in it. and when he runs out of air he will fall right into the object of your choice full of water.lol.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Try holding the net in the tank and dropping food in front of it. You night even be able to put the food in the net. Blennies are skiddish except when there is food involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts