The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of starting a new fish only tank, i need it to be large 180+ gal just wondering if anyone out there has something for sale so i can start to gauge the price. i was thinking of building a 900gal pond sump in my basement over the winter and maybe plumb the fish only and the 320 SPS tank i'm setting up into that!

LMK
-matt egan

PS yes there will be sharks and rays in the sump! i was thinking lue spotted rays and banded cat sharks. dunno if i can find any other sharks small enough for that sump the dementions are gunna be 10'Lx4'Wx3'H

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
I would think you are crazy to do such a thing, which, of course, makes the idea perfect! haha

You would probably be better off keeping your reef separate from the FO system, as I could imagine the water in the FO system would be pretty dirty compared to the reef...

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Here is an idea of new tank prices. The June Specials for reef ready tanks are 210gal $500.00 all-glass,125gal perfecto $315.00......180 should come in about the $400.
Used most people pay $1/gal.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
oyam123 said:
Here is an idea of new tank prices. The June Specials for reef ready tanks are 210gal $500.00 all-glass,125gal perfecto $315.00......180 should come in about the $400.
Used most people pay $1/gal.
Where are the June specials?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
soltaker i'm gonna get an air exchanger and on top of that my dad works for a company that sells some sort of high tech dehumidifyers. i guess they use them in sterile labs to keep stuff out. so he can get me one for a REALLY good deal. He says that it'll dry out your nose instantly unless your wearing a mask.... or have 900 gal of water in the room ;) i'm gonn get the info on these as my dad also says he can sell to the club at a good discount (not th e"son of 24 years" discount =P) but still a good one

·
Registered
200 Posts
some other smaller sharks u could do is the the coral cat shark, and white spotted bamboo shark, or the gray bamboo shark ( hard to find though )

rihanssu said:
i'm thinking of starting a new fish only tank, i need it to be large 180+ gal just wondering if anyone out there has something for sale so i can start to gauge the price. i was thinking of building a 900gal pond sump in my basement over the winter and maybe plumb the fish only and the 320 SPS tank i'm setting up into that!

LMK
-matt egan

PS yes there will be sharks and rays in the sump! i was thinking lue spotted rays and banded cat sharks. dunno if i can find any other sharks small enough for that sump the dementions are gunna be 10'Lx4'Wx3'H

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
rihanssu said:
soltaker i'm gonna get an air exchanger and on top of that my dad works for a company that sells some sort of high tech dehumidifyers. i guess they use them in sterile labs to keep stuff out. so he can get me one for a REALLY good deal. He says that it'll dry out your nose instantly unless your wearing a mask.... or have 900 gal of water in the room ;) i'm gonn get the info on these as my dad also says he can sell to the club at a good discount (not th e"son of 24 years" discount =P) but still a good one
Nice!!! It's always good to have family or friends with good connections like that :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts