The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had the torch for about 3 weeks now and from the first day i took it home it had 1 or 2 tentacle that were longer than the other , and i didnt think anything of it, now its getting worse and i tested all my water parameters and everything is fine, except my nitrites they were a little high idk why could that be the cause? everything else is doing great though , so what gives??????

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think torch corals are known to have stingers/sweeper tentacles. Pretty confident this is what it is. I notice my frogspawn does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
My guess would be that the coral really likes this spot, and is just trying to get a feel for it's surroundings. Other corals beware!

·
Registered
186 Posts
+1 Torch seems fine

Nitrites are an issue though. If the tank is new, you are not cycled yet. If its not then your nitrogen cycle is not working like it should

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 Torch seems fine

Nitrites are an issue though. If the tank is new, you are not cycled yet. If its not then your nitrogen cycle is not working like it should
ya idk why my nitrites spiked my guess is because i added a fish after not having any for about 2 weeks..... my clown killed its friend and then jumped out...murder suicide lol.... so the tank had nothing but corals for a couple weeks ... so i guess my bacteria population regressed , then i added a 3" yellow eyed tang and i guess it shocked the sytem

·
Registered
42 Posts
those are just the regular tenticles, sweeper tenticles on torches/hammers are a thin translucent string that comes out during feeding almost looks like a spider web sting.. it uses to catch food in the water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts