The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not raise torch coral.. I'm getting ready to upgrade my lights in my biocube 29 and hopefully that does the trick. I have a hammer coral that does great but I have went through a frogspawn and a green metallic torch without success and all my parameters are fine.. Any other suggestions??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not supplemented my water yet.. I have not tested my parameters in a couple days but everything was fine.. I'm wanting to try the lighting mod first to see if it helps.. My hammer coral is healthy but not growing so I know something is wrong especially since my other torches have died and bleached out

·
Registered
89 Posts
My biggest problems with my corals were LPS such as the Bubble, or Elegance--but I never had an issue with hammers, or duncans, frogspawns. etc. If they bleach out, that could because of Phosphate increases? which would mean you probably need more water changes or get a reactor. I recently purchased a BIOFEED REACTOR that deals with nitrates and phostates ---- through reef dynamics--watch their video from LA FISH GUYS

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
How old is your tank? How long did you have the coral before it started to decline? Bleaching is most time an issue of lack of/not strong enough lighting. What kind of flow do you have in your tank?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tank is only about three months.. I have moderate flow.. A wave maker circulation pump and the return.. I have had a hammer coral in since week 5 that's doing fine and a Duncan that's also doing fine

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
I've found my torches to be more sensitive to flow than my hammers or frogspawn. Along with upgrading your lights you may want to try moving it around to find it's "happy spot". You want a lot of movement without whipping it around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts