The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a torch coral thats lost its main heads due to an unfortunate salinity spike, it still has about 3 or 4 baby heads, i dont really like the look of it, if anyone can trade something for it thatd be cool...

also i have a finger leather frag about 2 inches, attached to a peice of lr. looking to trade for some zoos or another torch preferable small. thanks... will post pictures in a few days
nishant

·
Reef Geek
659 Posts
I might be interested, what color is it? Do you have a pic?

·
Registered
807 Posts
sent you a pm yesterday on the torch.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here it is.....not much to look at honestly. theres still one main head left, i dunno if its going to survive or not... the hair algea isnt really a problem in my tank, just sorta looks that way.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
IF it survives it will make a nice Nano Coral --- just cut it off with a dremel cutoff wheel then seal up the end with epoxy. Leave as much of the single stalk as possible.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont have a dremel.....this is already in a nano actually, i guess hte small head looks bigger than itreally is. the head in the center of hte pic isonly like the size of a nickel. i spose i could do that, but again i dont have a dremel.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
not sure if you could easily break it without somehow scoreing a circle around the bottom of the stalk.

Those style branching corals have really hard stalks to them.

·
Registered
807 Posts
they also will splinter sometimes, destroying the coral if you don't score them first.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
I used a hacksaw, then used something to wrap around the base. (like a paper towel) and iodine dip. It seemed to work well on my candy corals.

Ray

·
Registered
807 Posts
or you could answer my pm, and trade me for something outa my tank and I'll cut it up.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nishant3789,
I noticed your red macro in the background of your pic. Just some friendly advice GET IT OUT! I had a little in my 90 and now the whole tank is overrun with the crap. Also, I have not found anything to eat it, I just bought a rabbitfish to see if it helps. If possible I would remove the entire rock. JMO&E.
Steve

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks yeah i was wondering where it came from.....in almost two years of having that tank ive never seen it before. ill get the tooth brush out....

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
That red macro looks like gracilera. My tang loves it. I have to buy it from Jorge to feed him though. I can't seem to grow it inanything.

Ray

1 - 20 of 26 Posts