The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a really I feel I could not pass up on last night on a new piece of coral. I got a Nice sized torch coral with 9 seperate heads on it.

Also, the coral had not even been taken out of the bag from the distributor until I brought it home... (not sure if that matters or not)

The info I am looking for is

Does this piece like high/low water flow?

Good location for this piece? more towards base or top of tank?

Any Good Info I can recieve would be Great!

I light acclimated it last night for about two hours, it seemed to have some brown stringy algea attached to it, so I had placed it in a high flow location. This morning after the lights had been on for a while, there didn't seem to be a lot of diff with the coral. I have moved the power head so the flow is not as direct, and now am just looking for more info to help me with this piece.

~THANKS

·
Registered
506 Posts
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Aggressive
Lighting: Moderate
Waterflow: Medium
Placement: Bottom

Quick stats from Liveaquaria.com

I've notcied these corals like just a hint of current.
HTH.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I have it set up according to the guidelines.

The only concern I have now is, in the center of each torch is a "fan arm" and constantly sticks out, kinda like a lizard with its tongue...

the area surrounding this though has been brown on a couple of the torch heads. The only way I can describe this is it kinda looks like the waste from an anemone? I'm hoping that this is normal?

3 of the torch heads have the green tentacles that come out in the day, where as the rest are the brown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.