The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning Folks, and......HAPPY TUESDAY!

Off today to take Jen to Her surgery procedure, and dote over Her when We get home. Should be mid day consuming. Got up, AGAIN, at 4 this morning, and coffee is doing it's thing. Perhaps some Thomas's English muffins with grape jelly and a hand full of napkins....MANDATORY!

Not a bad weather day, but tomorrow there's a fair chance your's truly will be getting soaked.

Hope All are groovy, and looking for cool tales to share,
Hack

Discussion Starter · #2 ·
.......'Cool tales to share'. Hmmmmm 馃

OK, here's one:

What does my boss and Noah have in common? tick tick tick tick,,,,

They both landed their boats on the top of a rock pile! 馃槀 *("Though gradually over time doing so has become common practice......I do not advocate the practice of 'picking up/delivering' customer's boats. Besides technically not legal, it opens us up for 'liability', and this story is a perfect case in point.")

On any given day, things can go wrong......

We were delivering a 39' to a local marina because it was taking up needed 'dock space' at our place. He drove, I was watching the engines, and bilges......sea trial procedures. Any way coming into the marina I felt a 'bump', and heard, 'we lost an engine.....,..WE LOST BOTH ENGINES!'.

To shorten the story a smidge.,,,,,we were out of the channel.....hit bottom 'sand', and the waves were pushing us up on the jetty 'rock pile'. The impact on the sandy bottom stalled the engines, and putting them in gear, resulted in the same. By the time 2 tow boats got to us, the waves had set us up on the rocks, which were full of rebarb 'sp', pretty good. Once off I deemed the boat safe, and took it back to our place and hauled it out to look for any damages. Sent the props out, and some pretty nasty gouges on the bottom to be filled.

A lesson learned from this? I really doubt it.
Hack

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20210503_111550_resized.jpg

20210503_111554_resized.jpg

View from my 'office window' yesterday....,.,'rock pile' about 15 minutes in our future yet.

And YES, matter of fact the ocean is higher than your boat at times....,,.,,up on 'plane', and cutting through waves, you can get a face full of water from the cockpit. :oops:
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack and all of TRT! May the 4th be with you.

Thanks for the coffee an Thomas English muffins and jelly. I鈥檒l add PB and bananas.

Hope Jenn鈥檚 Surgery goes well. I know you will enjoy taking care of her today.鉂
Yikes what dramatic story from your shift yesterday! You definitely learned (or re-learned something from it, but did anyone else? Nahhhh

Great action photos from yesterday! Please, no Perfect Storm!

Jeff - Well now I鈥檓 curious what bulbs Blyth planted in the round garden.
Oh, I鈥檓 so sorry your buddy had pancreatic cancer. :(
How did your weather pan out last night?

SC had its share of dramatic weather, much of it in the midlands. But nothing like the hail INSIDE Walmart in Norman, OK. 馃槺

Yesterday was one on the most frustrating days I鈥檝e had in a very long time. The one that bothers me the most is that Heart Guard heart worm med for cats up to 5 pounds is no longer being made. Was I notified of this? Nope. I tried calling my vet, but the line was busy every time I called. (Maybe something was wrong with the phone.) What I鈥檇 to know..... since med is in a blister pack, would it work for me to cut the tablet in half and wrap the other half in plastic wrap to keep it fresh for a month?

Today is a new day.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Retired Wanderer
Got the offer. Nice little Fortune 500 Company close to home. Guess I did okay on the seven person interview panel and multicraft exam.

Reactions: cath

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YEAH......,PERRY!!!!!! Hope all comes together for THAT, You, and Y'All!

May the 4th be with you.
I hang me head in utter shame, and offer my union thread starter card up to be publicly burned at the steak.....A confirmed Star Wars fan such as myself failing to prioritize this most auspicious of days.....SHAMEFUL!

I fear Cath, and GOOD MORNING by the way, that the lesson will go un-learned. :rolleyes:
Hack

Retired Wanderer
Good mawnin鈥, Hack and all of TRT! May the 4th be with you.

Thanks for the coffee an Thomas English muffins and jelly. I鈥檒l add PB and bananas.

Hope Jenn鈥檚 Surgery goes well. I know you will enjoy taking care of her today.鉂
Yikes what dramatic story from your shift yesterday! You definitely learned (or re-learned something from it, but did anyone else? Nahhhh

Great action photos from yesterday! Please, no Perfect Storm!

Jeff - Well now I鈥檓 curious what bulbs Blyth planted in the round garden.
Oh, I鈥檓 so sorry your buddy had pancreatic cancer. :(
How did your weather pan out last night?

SC had its share of dramatic weather, much of it in the midlands. But nothing like the hail INSIDE Walmart in Norman, OK. 馃槺

Yesterday was one on the most frustrating days I鈥檝e had in a very long time. The one that bothers me the most is that Heart Guard heart worm med for cats up to 5 pounds is no longer being made. Was I notified of this? Nope. I tried calling my vet, but the line was busy every time I called. (Maybe something was wrong with the phone.) What I鈥檇 to know..... since med is in a blister pack, would it work for me to cut the tablet in half and wrap the other half in plastic wrap to keep it fresh for a month?

Today is a new day.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!
You will be fine Cath. In a previous life did it all the time.

Administrator
Good Morning all. Progress was made, closet is all painted up, spayer flushed and ready to return, last coat on ceiling then start the walls. Order day at work so it will be hectic.
Congrats on offer Perry :) OUCH on the mishap Hack. Cath wrap heartguard in plastic and put it in an old pill bottle, it should be fine

Super Moderator
Good afternoon, Perry, Hack, and Doug! It looks like dies irae outside here. Super dark clouds, rain, thunder.... yikes!

Got the offer. Nice little Fortune 500 Company close to home. Guess I did okay on the seven person interview panel and multicraft exam.
Way to go, Perry! Exciting times for you!

YEAH......,PERRY!!!!!! Hope all comes together for THAT, You, and Y'All!

I hang me head in utter shame, and offer my union thread starter card up to be publicly burned at the steak.....A confirmed Star Wars fan such as myself failing to prioritize this most auspicious of days.....SHAMEFUL!

I fear Cath, and GOOD MORNING by the way, that the lesson will go un-learned. :rolleyes:
Hack
I hear-by absolve you of your omission due to you taking good care of Jen. How did her surgery go?

Good Morning all. Progress was made, closet is all painted up, spayer flushed and ready to return, last coat on ceiling then start the walls. Order day at work so it will be hectic.
Congrats on offer Perry :) OUCH on the mishap Hack. Cath wrap heartguard in plastic and put it in an old pill bottle, it should be fine
Doug. - Yeah with the closet being completed, AND the rest of the room soon to follow along.
Thanks for your suggestion about Heart Guard.

Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THANKS Cath.....,I feel absolved. 馃榿
Jen did OK today, and is resting well and moseying around the house between rests. They checked the nerve on both sides of Her spine, rather than just the one, and having to go back and get the 2nd done latter. The dr. said She should begin noticing an increase in time she's on Her feet before the intense pain sets in within a few days to a week......have to monitor if THAT'S the case or not. If She does see a change, then they know it was the correct 'nerve' and to move ahead getting them 'ablated'.

We stopped on the way home for Jen to grab some Chick Fillet for Her empty tummy, and me being of the 'healthier eating habits' have a pot of hot dogs n sauerkraut to fill the void. Thinking there be some French Vanilla ice cream for desert if'n Y'All finish Yer plates.
Peace,
Hack

Retired Wanderer
Since I have work on the horizon ordered a big barn door kit and laundry tub for the basement. Going to finish framing it all in and hanging more rock. Got two weeks free to finish the entire project. The barn door will vanish into a closet on the other side of the wall. (it looks great in my head)

Retired Wanderer
oh well what the heck. melted Amazon and got the other stuff.

Administrator
Evening all, ceiling is done, gonna roll out the walls. Thinking of easiest way to blend area up to the ceiling. Tempted to spray but to tires to mask windows, Oh well

Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys! To borrow a phrase from MIB.....Y'All , 'Need pie.' Things present themselves clearer when you empty your minds from the tasks at hand and allow it to 'wonder'.....pie does that for Ya. ;)
Well in this case Milk Chocolate Brownies with French Vanilla ice cream n rainbow jimmies on top.

The 'LaLa juice' is wearing off from Jen's surgery, and the brownies seem to be helping a bit. THAT and the huge ice pack, and Her daily pain meds.

Good vibes to All,
Hack

Retired Wanderer
Hi Guys! To borrow a phrase from MIB.....Y'All , 'Need pie.' Things present themselves clearer when you empty your minds from the tasks at hand and allow it to 'wonder'.....pie does that for Ya. ;)
Lol I turned down a job running maintenance at a pie factory. Sorry Shipmate.

Discussion Starter · #16 ·
.......OOooooohhhhhhh MAN, we'd a been set around here!
Hack

Retired Wanderer
Going to be making shingles. Please provide your own topping.

Super Moderator
Evening all ,

Cath, dunno at this time what bulbs Blyth planted yesterday,, will find out and relay intel.
Weather was a bummer, as far as it owning up to what the weatherguessers proclaimed was gonna go down. even today, said to be 'rainy" all day,barely a mist ,,,
Saw the news reports of big winds etc in other parts of the country,, I imagine THAT was the big bad stuff we were informed to watch out for,,, missed it by THIS much , sigh.

Hack, all the best for Jen, and hope you hold up yer end on being doting-worth, haha. Bummer on the "on the water" mishap,,,

Perry, cool beans on the new gig, hope it works out to be everything you hope/expect it is.

Well, the mid-morning trip across the state lines to the super duper greenhouse place,, was (I'll deny saying it in public, heheh) pretty awesome, as greenhouse type stuff goes. Picture the biggest greenhouse type place ya know,, X's THAT by 10,000,,,, If they did not have it, you don't need it. I'm a self admitted Hosta liking fella, so I grabbed a few "Giant"(will be, currently youngun sized) varieties of hostas , and a yellowish shade of leaves variety, and Blyth popped a dwarf type hosta that had thin but curling leaves. That , AND the stuff she plopped on the 3 tier cart I was navigating.
There had to be 400 vehicles in the parking lot (yeah, sounds like a lot, but I'm prob low on my quesstimate) with each vehicle having 2.4 humans,, all inside the place. dunno the actual footprint the place takes up in connected greenhouses (greenhouses , as in one can hold a couple of football games in each one,,, times 13 greenhouses I believe) Dunno what the cash outlay was, I wisely chose to walk,waddle,limp when we got to the checkout (had my cane, I'm no dummy, heheh) to retrieve the car , to bring it to the loading zone in front of the place . I equate that to back when I went coral/fish shopping,, the other party did not want to know how much all the goodies came to.,,,

Saw something we have not seen in the 27 years here,,, a raccoon on the property,,, more like on that had it's back to me when I looked out the back door window (to scope out if any rabbits etc. were grubbing out under the bird feeders) Dogs were ready to go outside (the reason I scoped out for interlopers on the other side of the fence),, tried to get them riled up to do their best dawg growl/bark stuff,, best I got was Max the long hair Doxie being the only one to see the critter as they went out the door/off the back deck.,,,,Blyth said our neighbor 2 house over (her bowling team member) being that she lives bordering the creek on one side (same creek we have but at the back of the property ) she has (prob the same)a raccoon that takes off her bird feeder's lid and chows down,,,,he/she/it musta depleted that feeder and was on the prowl for food.

Speaking of doxies,, Blyth got texts/pics for two of our recent ex-fosters,,, one being the hefty fella Butters ,, was 24# when he got here, was at 20# when he got adopted. He is now a snazzy 18# and does not look anything like he did when here.. The other ex-foster was our diabetic fella Murphy,,, doing very much greatly'ish . Even got a pic from yet another ex-foster (3 updates in one day, must be a record) "Bruce" ,, was named "Bear" when we had him,,, also another success story and making their forever homes a super place for all.
Will post the pics I have (before and after pic of Butters for sure,, dunno if i have the pics Blyth received today, on my phone....

Dunno what tomorrow has in store for me,, no doubt it'll be shop related or doing some lawn lowering,,

Hope everyone had a great day!

Super Moderator
Pic with that old guy with the white beard, with Butters the day we got him as a foster,,, him weighing in at 24.4#,,, the other two pics are of him currently at a fighting weight of 18#,,,
Would not recognize him as Butters if we were not told it was him now
633D222C-3BA1-4F56-BFC4-1FA3A093716B.jpeg A8E33DD7-045A-417A-A2EF-77F11590AEF5.jpeg C3F63316-5DE8-45D9-9A25-0674D423E124.jpeg

Super Moderator
Some pics of today鈥檚 super greenhouse haul,,,
Blyth had driven away with a good number of the rest of the flowers, in the golf cart while it was still 鈥渘ice鈥 outside
D2AF62E5-DDF9-4566-8016-7A4A3FEBE3CD.jpeg 0D5741E6-CADB-4E28-B1C7-FF601E5A6AB4.jpeg 6ADA30C0-7D93-4ADD-B6FD-9619B1C1AFB5.jpeg 29B183F5-8FB4-45B4-875A-AD236BB90F47.jpeg B9B83E26-BF28-47F4-8B89-35E19AEAC76B.jpeg 6ADA30C0-7D93-4ADD-B6FD-9619B1C1AFB5.jpeg

Reactions: smoothextoll
1 - 20 of 21 Posts