The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am selling my Metal Halides :bigeek:

I am selling my metal halides because I am converting to LEDs and I don't think my wife will let me keep them in the closet. I would keep them but the closet if full of skimmers.:lol:

OK, this is what I am asking for the full set as I really do not want to part them out. The set should cover anything from a 3 foot tank (40g, 65g) to about a 5 foot tank as the pendents have a decent spread considering how focused the Lumenbrights are for MH. I am asking $600 for both pendents together with ballasts and bulbs.

Now, I am not parting them out but I will show you how I broke it down so you can get a good comparison of these top-end lights.
Lumenbright Pendents 250w/400w DE pendents.
Retail $160, Asking $125 each

Lumentek Ballasts Selectable wattage 250/275/400/440w:
Retail $189 each, Asking $140 each

Phoenix 250w 14K DE bulbs (used 4 months, 6.5h photo period, never overdriven):
Retail $65, Asking (pro-rated for uses) $35 each

These are top-shelf light that have put together that will give great growth to corals. These light also do not put a lot of heat into the tank, I have never ran a chiller on a 65g despite these lights. All components are in excellent shape. The only "ding" is that one of the pendents hanging loopholes has been permanently set into the pendent. It was a slight defect in the screwthread for the hook that I did not return the entire fixture for, but rather mended it myself.

Here are the pendents over my tank:

Here are the ballasts:

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
95% right now... still kinda playing with it

However, the halides are adjustable too and run several different bulb/wattage setups.

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone wants them and will take them off my hands at the November meeting, I can discount them. PM please!

I know these are not the cheapest MH lights out there but they certainly are the best. They will keep almost any coral (except the lowest of light corals) and work better than other lighting sources for deep tanks.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
hey man i dont think its the price on the lights that is maaking people not respond just its the time of year where no one is buying anything for them selves but at the first of year you will have no prob getting them gone if i could use halides i would jump on them but my canopy is to short for them it would be way to much heat and how are the corals taking to the new lights??

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holiday Bump... great gift than is cheaper than new

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
hey man i dont think its the price on the lights that is maaking people not respond just its the time of year where no one is buying anything for them selves but at the first of year you will have no prob getting them gone if i could use halides i would jump on them but my canopy is to short for them it would be way to much heat and how are the corals taking to the new lights??
I agree, but I dont think it is just a time of year thing. I think it is an economy thing. I have seen it all year long, as the economy has dwindled, so has the speed at which our stuff sells, and for the price we are asking. 2 years ago, I probably would have had no issue selling my 125 for 5-600, but in this economy, I got less than half that (but it was worth it :)). Still have several things that I know would have sold long ago for what I am asking, but they are still here. The economy is down, and if you can hold onto the lights and stuff for a while, I bet once things start to turn around economically you will see the demand for such things to go back up...

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, I am just keeping them up there as a standing "for sale" thing... plus I can tell the wife that I have posted "for sale" so I don't get fussed at for hording equipment :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts