The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from my 125 gallon made a daring escape from the tank this morning... :eek:

After further investigation, it appears my cat was a accomplise to the water in it's escape from the tank. Initial determination is that the cat had removed an overflow line from the skimmer in an attempt to satisfy his addiction of chewing airline hoses. Needless to say, the water quickly and skillfully made a mad dash exit and scared the kitty away, leaving an easy exit. :rolleyes:

Upon falling to the floor, some of the fugitive water hid in the capret, while the majority continued on it's quest for freedom and made it's way from the 3rd floor apartment down to the first floor apartment. :mad:

In the light of morning, all water was discovered through the third floor, second floor, and first floor apartments were it saught refuge. :eek:

The fugitive water will be disposed of, and the accomplice kitty is awaiting trial and faces a sentence of a good *** whoopin. Most likely the kitty will be given a lenient sentence of one long cold shower, 2 weeks of no milk or treats, and is under strict restraining order from approaching within 10 feet of any fish tanks.

Thank God there was no MAJOR damage to property and I'm not being evicted...

·
Administrator
47,633 Posts
Ouch, I dont ordinarily recommend electric fences around SW tanks , but ;)

G

·
omg........i woulda scolded that cat til no end.....mine likes to sit in the chair and watch them, and when he has the energy (which isnt to often) he punces at the glass...hilarious to watch....your lucky your land lord is nice....when i moved in to my house my land lord said no tanks....well i set on up and she stopped by and decided it was okay for one....well that number has now grown to 5 but i am not allowed to set up anymore...which means my mantis tank must be hidden in the closet. lol i think i can work her for 1 more....well id better be able to it is already set up....anywho im sure you enjoyed cleaning that up

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Geez Buzz! Glad things turned out not to bad!! My cat has nothing to do with my fish tank but I think he knows the consequences that will be due to him!;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
My cat used to jump up onto the top of my canopy (I think he liked the heat from the lights) Anyway one day I was cleaning the tank & I left the top open! And he decided to jump up (not knowing that he was going for a swim) :funny:

Ever since that day he has never been back up there! :dance:

My cat has also been known to kill my cable tv by chewing on the cords! I was told by my vet to rub a slice of an orange on the cables & the citrus smell will keep him away (IT WORKS)

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
dwall174 said:
My cat used to jump up onto the top of my canopy (I think he liked the heat from the lights) Anyway one day I was cleaning the tank & I left the top open! And he decided to jump up (not knowing that he was going for a swim) :funny:
I would have truelly loved to have seen that... :funny: :funny:

My cat has also been known to kill my cable tv by chewing on the cords! I was told by my vet to rub a slice of an orange on the cables & the citrus smell will keep him away (IT WORKS)
Be easier to just make the cable line "hot" till it got over it's fetish... :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
cyberchef said:
I would have truelly loved to have seen that... :funny: :funny:
Yea that was quite comical I only wish I had my video camera going I would have sent that into AFV! The funniest part was seeing his expression when he came out! He kept looking at me as if I did something & all I could do was laugh. To make maters worse, I wasn't sure if the saltwater would make him sick so I rinsed him off in the bathtub!

·
Registered
340 Posts
LOL Buzz,

Female cat - Misha - loves to sit and watch the tank (lazy cat is infatuated with the conch). The male - Alvin - was caught _once_ sitting on the lights (no canopy). He must have remembered the shower ...

·
Registered
662 Posts
MNreef, my old landlord said the same thing....when he was showing the place when we were moving out, every person that came while we were at home commented on the tank. I wouldn't worry about the tanks if it isn't in your lease. If you have to ditch them, let me know....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts