The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hit the price for free shipping ($225)...got a bunch of supplies and what not, but wondering if this is too much. Already in the tank right now there is just a GSP, and adding two candy cane frags today. Oh, and some clean up crew is already in (3 red hermits, 6 blue hermits, 5 turbos, 6 nassarius, 6 astrea) and this order will supplement that. This is what I want to order:

Royal Gamma
Sm. Blue spotted mushroom
Pink Cucumber
emerald crab
5 red hermits
5 bumble bee snails
4 turbo snails
10 nassarius snails
5 astrea snails

oh yea, and tank is 118g.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are just wanting to add more clean up crew you can use www.etropicals.com. Do the Build Your Own deal and get free shipping as long as you order at least $60 worth. Probably the best deal I have seen.
That is a sweet deal...I really like Vivid for fish and corals, and some people in the local reef club rave about their service and quality...so maybe I'll just hold off a bit more on that and order the CUC.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I want to hit the price for free shipping ($225)...got a bunch of supplies and what not, but wondering if this is too much. Already in the tank right now there is just a GSP, and adding two candy cane frags today. Oh, and some clean up crew is already in (3 red hermits, 6 blue hermits, 5 turbos, 6 nassarius, 6 astrea) and this order will supplement that. This is what I want to order:

Royal Gamma
Sm. Blue spotted mushroom
Pink Cucumber
emerald crab
5 red hermits
5 bumble bee snails
4 turbo snails
10 nassarius snails
5 astrea snails

oh yea, and tank is 118g.

Just make sure they have plenty to eat!

·
Registered
914 Posts
That is a sweet deal...I really like Vivid for fish and corals, and some people in the local reef club rave about their service and quality...so maybe I'll just hold off a bit more on that and order the CUC.

I got mine yesterday and it actually had a few more snails and hermit crabs than I ordered so I guess I got a few freebees. Everything showed up alive and as of this morning was still alive. I drip acclimated for about 1 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just make sure they have plenty to eat!
I'm thinking of buying that snowflake food that is supposed spread out and feed fish, corals, and inverts. I figured before I have fish producing enough waste etc., this will keep the CUC alive. Any experience with it?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i dont think that would be any problem for a 118 gallon tank, if you were adding 7 fish or something maybe, but not a bunch of snails, food for them is an issue though, so drop something in there, they will find it just fine, it doesnt have to be anything special.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Vivid is my LFS. Its a cool place. They are very helpful. Its nice to not have to worry about shipping, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts