The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite an abundance of these...smaller ones, building tubes than can get a couple inches long. I don't care for them, at least not in these numbers. Is there any fish, besides a pseudochromis, that will take care of these?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
A copperband butterfly will wipe out everyone of them!! I know as I have one in my reef tank!:)

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
As mentioned before, they are signs of a healthy tank... I use them as my first line defense on alkalinity changes. When the feather dusters start disappearing, I know something is going wrong with my parameters..

I have not found anything yet that eats them, but then again, I'm not looking to get rid of them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Unless you keep anenomes, I'd go with the copperband butterfly mentioned above. They tend to be peaceful towards other inhabitants and I think they look pretty cool.

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
I've prob bot about 600-700 of them in my 29 gallon.... I think it gives the tank personality... They are mainly on one rock which I call my feather duster farm...

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
beautiful fish lise........ you must have purchased that from the good doctors ?!?!? :funny: :funny:

(inside joke folks)

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
IMO a 46 is not large enough tank to house a copperband b'fly. FWIW I wouldn't keep one in less than about a 75 or so, mature tank that supports foraging as well as having several safe spots they can go too if stressed.
Lise, I have never noticed 6 lines being anymore territorial than most other fish in their size range, certainly mellower than damsels or dottybacks:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.