The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a thread in here somewhere but this hootenanny should be on May 16th if it is on the third Saturday in May.

We are looking at flying in Thursday and leaving Sunday. What do we do Friday night? Any official hotel of this event and is there someone looking at making this some sort of group event?

Tom this time I promise not to get you in trouble with Mel for excess alcohol consumption or anything else. (famous quote..."he hasn't had that many beers for as long as I can remember")

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Perry, I am planning on driving up Friday sometime during the day and spending the night. Maybe if there are enough we can have a "pre-picnic" get together and then help Tom cook. I can't pick a pig up but I can give moral support :)

I am interested in the hotel thing this year. Cath did a lot of research last year, maybe she can be recruited to help this year.

·
Administrator
46,639 Posts
I can only hope I get to make it, But as you can see I never know what I am doing at any given time. So if I'm lucky and between projects I maybe able to go.
Tell the bosses you need to be there on standby for "post porcine pyrotechnics" :beer:

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
It don't work like that, Last week I get a call on Thursday night telling me i have to make a few calls and by Friday morning I'm packing and leaving by noon Friday. And won't be home for 6 weeks, now i didn't have to take the project, but if I want to work I better not turn it down when I don't have another project in the works,

·
Retired Wanderer
17,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doug I missed the last three of these and finally am going. Seems like stuff keeps coming up on the serious side and you have a little mud puddle of your own to splash around in.

Vince..that is three months away and I hope you can work out something with your job. Are you sure you aren't some sort of secret agent or somethin'.

Hope to see you all there that can make it!!! I think a Friday night warm up is a great idea.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Definitely the 16th of May is the date.

I have already spoken with Mr. Cromer about getting a nice meaty pig. I am sure i'll need little help9 with getting the pig ready, as Mel tells me she may not have any PTO left for the roast due to her post-grad stuff, so we shall see how it goes for her that weekend.

I'll be setting up the site for RSVP's in a few weeks, and I'll speak with Marion the Librarian about hotel acomodations for folks :D

:banana: :banana: :banana: :agree: :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
A slice? Heck, thats a diet. Last year we stood and gorged ourselves on pig pickings from the grill and that was BEFORE we ate a meal :) Sorry you are going to miss it though Jeremy. Maybe next year.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
I haven't missed one yet, and I don't plan to miss this one. It's best carwash I've ever been too!!

Ohh? There's a Pig??? :rolleyes:

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
I think it was almost dark before anybody saw butch last year, he was busy washing his car.

Cath, any idea when you will start doing research on hotel arrangements?

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
I haven't missed one yet, and I don't plan to miss this one. It's best carwash I've ever been too!!
Because of the economy, I understand Tom is putting a coin-operated meter on his water hose. :blob:

I've saved the date and hope nothing unforseen interferes with my being there.

Dick:)

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Because of the economy, I understand Tom is putting a coin-operated meter on his water hose.
I better start saving my quarters......:eek:

·
Super Moderator
26,813 Posts
I think it was almost dark before anybody saw butch last year, he was busy washing his car.

Cath, any idea when you will start doing research on hotel arrangements?
Guess I better get going on that. It's the same weekend as Wofford's graduation.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Man, I haven't been to a hog roast in ages. Unfortunately thats the weekend before my wedding so I will not be able to attend. You guys have a slice and a beer for me! :beer:
Week BEFORE your wedding means plenty of time (7 days) to recover before the big event...

·
Administrator
46,639 Posts
I would probably have more fun there ;)
Dude you are gonna be married till whenever, Tom only does this once a year ;)

Sadly when I was out it was before the tradition started and no one gets sickout out there that weekend so i can come out

1 - 20 of 145 Posts