The Reef Tank banner

Tom time for my intervention

643 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Twitterbait 
#1 · (Edited)
So I can trade the Beemer over for an older Carrera 4 in great shape with a good service history and have enough for a beater pick em up truck for truly icky snow days.

My son Josh somehow has an M3 now :confused: so game on. I am moving in sharing a little hobbit house with Michelle, my rent and utilities are going to be 300 bucks, I am some sort of engineer and it shall be mine.

Yes, it shall be driven in the snow and rain and gravel. You gotta live. I am sure that touch up paint is available in Guards Red.

My mechanic back home will look at it tomorrow then will let you know.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the thought. Headed down this weekend if the deal is still happening. My son is doing the legwork and my buddy is doing the deal.

#6 ·
:rolleyes:

Perry, beware the dark side.

A Bimmerhead's strength flows from the Force of finesse. But beware the dark side of German engineering. Anger, fear, aggression, Porsche; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight.

If once you start down the dark path, forever will the Porsche dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice, young Master Bangle...

#7 · (Edited)
I did a little due diligence and will just keep the Beemer and will live on my memories of my 72 911 with the later turbo retrofit body, a 2.4 update and double triple webers.

Still getting a date now and then with the Beemer.....good enough for getting around from point A to point B.

Two more months then get to see how my son's 2002 M3 coupe performs when I head down for my submarine reunion.

Glad I got the last year before Mr. Bangle brought origami technology to the styling dept.

#10 ·
Umm if I get a another Porsche again it will be one that Dr. Porsche would approve up. A 912 possibly would do if someone gave it to me, but a 911 is awesome. However got the Beemer pristine and can take my dog and a date to the drive in and road trip in comfort so set for now.

Bleh rotaries are nice in an RX-& I guess but with all the problems with the seals, poor mileage and cooling problems I just don't see it. If I do try another project car it will be a 911 motor in a VW bus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.