The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
125G Reef Tank
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had this toadstool for about 2 months now. He started off under 3 kessil lights and loved it. I then upgraded to 3 AI Vega's and ever since he has not been happy. I've turned down the intensity to half and slowly moved up from there but he still only comes out when the lights are around 15-30% or at night. (This picture was taken with the lights at night setting)

I put him on the sand bed for about 10 days but he kept closing up so I moved him from the sand bed to some LR a couple inches up and turned the lights back down a bit.

Planning on doing a water change this weekend but the past water changes have done little to help.

Any ideas?! :help:

125G
Temp 80
PH 8.15
Salinity 34ppt
Calcium 390ish
Alk 8-8.5

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Adjusting height is a good idea. Moving slightly off center of the lights might help as well since the light change seems to be the trigger. Have you change water flow? Does it's opening correspond to feeding times?

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Keep in mind the light change may simply be coincidental.

1) How long has the light change been in effect before you moved it?
2) I presume you are keeping up with water changes, etc?
3)***Remember Toadstools go through periods of withdrawal while they shed an outer layer...could this just be timing?

·
125G Reef Tank
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello!

Since you have moved it lower in the tank, has it had ANY polyp extension at all during the day... with the highest percentage of lighting?
Since posting, I've moved once again to an area between some rocks in the sand bed with pretty low flow. It looks MUCH happier in this area but I will keep an eye out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts