The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......it's roaring out there.....HANG ON! HAPPY FRIDAY Y'ALL!

Was able to nod off in the chair for a wee bit earlier on this morning.......but now the coffee is going, so it's the official wake up post now.

Hope Everyone got well rested, and good things lined up ahead of You's.....PEACE,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,224 Posts
Morning everyone. Couple more interviews today.

Also having my initial meeting with my attorney about the machine that tried to kill me. Still sort of slow healing.

·
Super Moderator
22,118 Posts
Morning Hack and Perry,

hope things roll up in your favor Perry,

Rained like crazy last nite ,,,, house shaker thunder and “glad I cleaned the gutters prior /did not put down any grass seed”, rainfall . Was pretty intense with a few rain sessions,,, it’s pretty bad when you hear the rain as it hits the house sideways, hard.

Think mid 50’s to a high today, mid 80’s for Saturday,,, no wonder this OFR been having the big change in da weather ache n pains.

Coffee and a choice of oatmeat, grits , Raisin Bran, or Life cereal to offer up to the TRT Training Table,,,

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Super Moderator
26,932 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT!

Thanks fir the coffee. I’ll add nanners, local strawberries, and assorted cereals.

Hack - I hope your boss at work and your boss at home (not to mention Squirt, Blyth, and Doug ) say you should stay at home and not risk you getting knocked over by the wind. Take care of your wounded noggin.

Jeff - Yuck with your lack luster work day yesterday. Hope it’s much better today. Oy with your sideways rain last night!

Perry - positive vibes for the interviews to reveal a good job for you.
Hope the meeting with your attorney goes well.
Take care of yourself!

The area of OK where one of my brothers lives had a dramatic hail storm on Wednesday. Some marble size, some tennis ball size hail. Holy cow!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Work cows first thing this morning implanting embryos... not much time for much lol.
Man hack easy on yourself. Yes you have a brain in there you didn't have to rattle it a second time. Leave the injures for the young men lol.
I hope good things for good people and belly aches for the bad

·
Administrator
46,742 Posts
Morning All, gotta take the little dog to groomers then come home and fix a few things so the redone bedroom can get painted.
Good luck with lawyer and interviews Perry.
Jeff I feel ya on the shifting weather and OFR pains

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, do not know if this is the right chat however I will give it a go.. bought a fluval 200 a week ago, leaked so I resealed it, I still have small condensation underneath bottom left corner but I think from original leak, I have new literally all new setup, been a while as last tank I had was only small but got broke into and they destroyed my tank for no reason , so I have purchased everything to start again but on a bigger scale, I am looking for a nice soft coral mixture with some fish, my daughter is 5 years old so obviously along with wife (clown fish) for me I'm thinking more corals, just really want to know thoughts and how my aqua Scape looks for now, I only added caribsea live sand today so pics not so great

Attachments

·
15,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Rickus......WELCOME TO TRT.......and a BIG THANK YOU for sharing the beginning of your new journey with us.

We love having new friends pull up a chair around 'the breakfast' thread.....and ancient TRT tradition. And please feel free to drop in any time/.all the time...,,But to gain a bigger following, and a more permanent location to be able to check back on over the years, and for others to check details on if'n you ever ask for advice, you'll be better off starting your own 'build thread' on this forum. We love checking on peoples progress.

I keep a 210 gallon 'working man class' softies tank......like you, minimal on Fish, but love the Corals. I think I have uhhhhh, 🤔 7 at the moment?

Looking forward to seeing you about..... All the best,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,932 Posts
Goos evening, Rickus and Hack!

Rickus - Welcome aboard to TRT and to the daily “breakfast thread” as Hack mentioned. Since there’s a time differential, you could start breakfast in your time zone and we’ll catch up with you.
Thanks for all the photos of your tank!

Hack - Do tell us about your day, and your noggin....

·
Administrator
46,742 Posts
Heowdy Rickus, sorry about the breakin but good luck with the redo. I am sure several of us can help you.
Back from dog groomer, kid looks good, been measuring the newly re sheet rocked room. Most of the serious work is being done by an old family friend at a good rate. Found out the daughtere and I ( I being primary0 are going to paint it, OK, but she who must be obeyed and has the fundage got a gallon each of flat ceiling and whatever color wall paint. I had to explain that new rock/texture needs primed so you dont have to use 2x as much paint( dear god building stuf has over tripled in price )
Off to prime ceiling so i can get that done today.
So much for taking dogs to the Redwoods :(

·
15,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Top of the evening Cath!

Was an unpleasant day at the office, but all my inner stupid, pig headedness, and macho mumbo jumbo forced me to stick it out. If'n one more person asks me my name, I'll, I'll....do something.

Minimally worse for the wear..,.,,,,a pretty decent headache, and felt nauseous and blurry eyed most of the day. Down to a wee headache now.......,and a couple frozen pepperoni pizzas are working on THAT for me now.

Boy there was a lot of folks taking exception for my choice of heading in today..... a LOT!

Hope a peaceful, relaxing evening envelopes All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,932 Posts
Rickus - I forgot to add my anger about your place being robbed and destroying your tank! That’s infuriating and heartbreaking!

Yeh, Hack.... we CARE lots about you, and not only about your concussion. 🤕 I’m surprised your boss didn’t send you home. Shame on him! Take it easy, pal.

Doug - Bummer, Doug, that your day has been consumed with all the work in the room. Get you some good down time tonight.

G’night all.

·
15,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New rule....2-pizzas are 2-many! 1 1/2 would be about right.....now I gotta drag my feet before the lemon meringue pie will fit. 🤔 ;)

Yeah Cath, I feel the love!
Hack

·
Administrator
46,742 Posts
Cath i spent 40 min putting `st coat of primer on ceiling, waiting for it to dry, the rest has been measuring and calculation and explaining to HER why 2 gallons of ceiling and wall paint are not enough, Should take about a half hour to lay on 2nd coat.
Not used the Primer/paint she got so I have no idea how that works , but assuming 2 gal for a decent finish.
Had she asked my before hand and let me lay it out, i could have got a friend and been done in a long day. Now it will stretch over 2 or 3 days depending on wall paint drying /cure time

·
Super Moderator
22,118 Posts
Evening all,
Sounds like most all of us are either busy or in pain (Perry and, getting bonked in the head ONCE was not enuf , Hack) today.
Add "busy" to my work effort report,,, FINALLY got the front rotors and brake pads from Rock Auto,, only too a WEEK, geez. . Think i mighta done front pads on the 10 yr old CR-V,,, don't recall. Well, glad I had my oxy/acet. torch handy. both rotors (one WAY worserer to remove than the other) did not want to vacate their factory installed locations The factory installed (during a rotor replace, most everyone pitches them) phillips head screws started to be a bother,, Mr.Torch changed that status,, yup. A bit of heat got em to come out . The worst rotor to yank , needed a bit of PB Blaster sprayed on it, Mr.Torch,,, and some well place whops with a machinists hammer(as in a LOT of whacks,, some dealt in anger , heheh) . Took my sweet lil time doing the job,,,found the cause of the one brake pad being the noisy one (and not meeting the rotor surface like it should,, was a frozen centering /'caliper bolt. Needed some vise time to persuade it out, then got it all nice n free,,,
Test drive went nicely,. got some brake pedal back,, always a good thing.

Deere 3 pt. mow deck got its new blades put on, the ordered drive belt arrived earlier than they said, that got put on,, the only part not showing up to the party was the solid tire/wheel from the Deere stealership,,, had to wait until just before they closed to find out it got there,,, sigh. Blyth will pick it up tomorrow,,,,

Delivering 500# of the bargain center "bio solid" fertilizer to Sis in the morning,,, that got moved up because she said her garage door opener had a twisted drive belt,, never a good thing.Was likely caused by the torsion springs jumping out of their set tension (IMO) last week,, and sis never called "the guy" to check/adjust them. .Hoping at least I can get the opener drive belt playing nicely,, and holding its own until the spring dude shows.

Too windy for Blyth to do her gardening thing,,,.

So far only one hummingbird sighting,,, but the orioles are showing up the last few days,,,, and checking out their specialized feeders.

comfy chair time,,,

Hope everyone had a great day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts