The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be thankful for any help I can get. I have a 40g tank thats been running for around three months. Everything was going swell when I started seeing a problem with some red slime algae. Its been about two week now and everytime I do a water change and clean the stuff out it comes right back again. Everything test out good. I even had my lfs test my water just to be safe. My ? is what is the slime eating in a tank that's 3 months old and testing out good? My skimmer is working just fine. I just built myself a 20g sump but I have not hooked it up yet and I'm just using it to cure about 10 lbs of rock. I want to add the rock but I'm afraid the new addition would just exacerbate things. So now I have a tank with just rock running next to my display tank. Should I add the rock? I thought about a deep sand bed but it sounds like more harm then good? Oh! and I do 6g water changes every week using ro/di. thanks for any help

· Old Man in the Sea
252 Posts
If you want it gone in 2 to 3 days get yourself some Microbe-Lift Special Blend and dose it. It's not a chemical but a natural bacteria which speeds up cycling process and works! I battled red slime for months in my 220 until I dosed this stuff and bam. Just don;t get carried away. dose as per instructions and then when red cyano id gone stop dosing unless it returns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.