The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past couple days I have been trying to catch an agressive coral nipping damsel in my tank. :angry: He is so quick! I dont want to mess up my rockwork because I really like the way it is right now and how my corals are placed. Is there any homemade traps you guys reccomend? This fish also flings sand all over my rocks I hate damsels lol.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
lol i know what you mean i had to catch 3 damsels at one point...i just let the net sit in the tank let them get use to it feed a lil food to distract them then scoop em up

·
The camaro loving reefer
3,809 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC0Hp18hB5o&feature=related:lol:
i do all fresh water fish with my hands, and the smaller ones with a very small net. you have to be quick. and you may need to take some rock out, maybe put in a divider so u dont have to rip up the hole tank. i also find when i feed live ( i get very very small feeder fish, so small u will never find them in your lfs. ( i use convict fry. a week after birth.) but i use the net to put the fry in, so the fish swim into the net. i pull it out, and grab the fish i want.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i also have used te soda bottle trick if needed i can post a pic of one but i went from 7 damsels down to 2 then last 2 i finaly had to remove rock because they caught onto the bottle metod lol

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Two people...one shop vac....one guy runs the switch....one guy holds the nozzle and yells GO!! STOP!! Be prepared for the WC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts