The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i need some suggestions.

against my smarter friends thoughts, i set up one of those half gallon beta tanks with the red sea over the back filter and 7200 k daylight bulb with about 3 lbs of live rock n some extremely small coral frags (more like a mushroom here, a polyp there)

does anyone have an idea for a tiny fish to go in it? just one.

or if i am completely wasting my time let me know that too.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
god I think those things are awful and cruel to confine a fish to such a small area I even hate beta tanks.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Bran-flakes --- Welcome to the Nano Forum

Your not wasting your time but I do think I would go fish-less.

If you want some movement try a small shrimp or crab maybe --- that along with a few polyps, shrooms ect... should make an awesome tiny tank

Hey I'm fishless in my Minibow 7 --- makes for a huge pod population and alot less waste in the water to worry about.

·
RRVAC member
209 Posts
you're going to want some sort of water movement. on my 2.5, i had a whisper mini hang on back. it didn't take up too much space and provided ample flow, and also added a tad onto the total volume. you could use as big of hang on as you could fit on the tank. that would help with the small volume. it would also give space for a heater, a chiller (if needed), more live rock and macro algae.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
on my 3, I have a small power head plus the eclipse filter. I am currently fishless, but I have a bumblebee goby in my crab tank that hasn't grown in about 2 years. Something like a red headed goby and/or neon goby I would think may work as well

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts