The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatever you call it, I want to see it! I'm getting excited about finally getting a suitable star for my tank, so please show off your stars... everything from the big fancys to the teeny white brittles, we love em' all!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,196 Posts
Yeah...lemme unstack my rockwork and get him out. Got a 7 inch brittle star in there...I see one of his paws sticking out.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
This is my green brittle. Havn't seen his whole body since taking the pic. Just realized the snowflake snuck in on this pic!

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read somewhere that "starfish" was incorrect, since they're not a fish, they're an invert. They said the proper term was "seastar". I figure I'd try to get pics of both! lol!

Here's a couple stars that I photographed, but they're not mine. This orange is Brian's, a reef club member... the second is a shot from Mikes tank (Mako, remember him?). Look close, there are two stars there! Oh, then there's a shot of Mikes green brittle too.

I know there are more stars out there!!!! Oh, of course! How could I forget the pic of my little white brittle hitching a ride on my hairy hermie? :funny: I found him when I was moving everyone from the 20g to the 38g, and I have not seen him since this pic was taken...

Attachments

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks skeety!
wow, quiet thread... I really thought we had more stars out there...

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
no just camera shy! I think if you don't catch a photo when you first introduce it to the tank you can forget getting one later.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
are brittle starts reef safe? I have a little blue linka but he's not out today. If he comes out I would love to take a pic and show him off.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Mine hasn't bothered anything. I've only had him a month but so far he doesn't mess with my fish or corals. When I got him I specifically asked the guy if it was reef safe and he said yeah its a sandsifter. Here some people they they have eaten fish so I try to spot feed it when I feed the eel just in case.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Thanks Jena now that Ive got my tank under control I wanna go shopping this weekend and would love to ad another star.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts