The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got done putting in a tidepool wet/dry with sump with a tide pool overflow and the mag 7 in the sump is barely under water and actually isnt most of the time.......?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
is your display tank overflowing at all?
What gph is your overflow rated at?
How many gallons is your sump, and how much water did you put in it to start with?

Just a few questions so we can get a better understanding of what we are dealing with here.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

well its a tidepool 1......no idea what the gallon is............but no the sump just ran dry.............i got it though so far.........there was bubles in the siphon so it wasnt taking the water from the tank to the wet/dry quick enough..........this made the sump run dry.........so i got rid of the bubbles and i turn the valve on the return closed a bit and it works ok now..........i also put more water in the sump .......i dont think i started with enough...........so far so good..............i never had a wet/dry before its kinda scary i keep think it will overflow.......oh the overflow is 600gph max and i have a mag 7 at 4-5ft so thats about 500gph on the pump.............NOW MY MAIN THING IS I HAVE THE PADS ONLY IN ONE FOR THE THREE TRAYS BUT SHOULD I PUT ANYTHING ELSE IN LIKE CABON OR ANYTHING..............I HAVE A 45 GALLON REEF TANK......NO CORALS YET PUT I WILL

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
You will have to put a valve on the return and return some of the water back to the sump, or just slow it down. and also place a elbow on the intake of the mag and turn it down towards the bottom of the sump. will allow for the water to go lower before picking up air

1 - 4 of 4 Posts