The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have the tidepool 1 with a cpr cs90 overflow............ok so i woke up this morning and the tidepool was very low so my mag 7 in the sump was starting to blow air in the tank.........the tank was high so i am assuming the cpr lost its siphone........i DO NOT have a venturi pump on the cpr like it shows the best option to be .........i just have the air hose in the tank.........is this the reason y it stoped..........does everyone use the venturi pump with this.........i just dont want another pump in my tank............more crap

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i would think that little air hose caught some air somewhere, that is to keep constant syphon, the little pump would suck any air or start syphon again if lost, i would highly recomend getting it set up. i think some power heads that have an air injector can be hooked up to that hose. usually the pull air for bubbles but you can hook it up there to pull syphon out of your overflow. (but check around first, im not guaranteing that.)

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 1px" vAlign=bottom align=middle width="23%"></TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 1px" vAlign=bottom align=middle width="23%"></TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 1px" vAlign=bottom align=middle width="23%"></TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 1px" vAlign=bottom align=middle width="23%"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px" vAlign=top align=middle width="23%">Aqua Lifter Pump
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Here are some pic's of mine on my 75 gallon, im going to get another one for the other side. <TABLE class=albumContainer><TBODY><TR><TD class=albumThumbContainer>
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=albumInfo colSpan=2>Lift Pump
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The best bet for that overflos is the Aqualifter pump, that is what I use on my overflows.
here is a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aqualifter-siphon-overflow-pump_W0QQitemZ7764823724QQcategoryZ46310QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also I think that you Mag 7 is too much pump for that overflow. I have noticed that the more flow that you have with the CPR 90, the more air gets trapped in there that can break the siphon. You should drop a ball valve on there and reduce the flow a little.
If nothing else, you should atleast get the aqualifter pump.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
BGJ223 said:
The best bet for that overflos is the Aqualifter pump, that is what I use on my overflows.
here is a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aqualifter-siphon-overflow-pump_W0QQitemZ7764823724QQcategoryZ46310QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also I think that you Mag 7 is too much pump for that overflow. I have noticed that the more flow that you have with the CPR 90, the more air gets trapped in there that can break the siphon. You should drop a ball valve on there and reduce the flow a little.
If nothing else, you should atleast get the aqualifter pump.
I run 2 mag 7's @ 4 feet, for the return from my sump, and the CS 90 works great, but probley would not without the Aqualifter pump, im going to add another CS 90 down the road, ;)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i ordered the aqua lifter pump last night........... right now everyhitng is working great because i have the air nipple on the cs 90 hooked up to a maxi jet powerhead in my tank that i use for water movement

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
ionracing said:
i ordered the aqua lifter pump last night........... right now everyhitng is working great because i have the air nipple on the cs 90 hooked up to a maxi jet powerhead in my tank that i use for water movement
Cool! you will love the Aqua lift pump, it's quiet,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts