The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........well, getting close to a weekend at least.

Top of the morning, and.....HAPPY THURSDAY TO ALL!
Coffee is going, and wrangle a Dutch Apple pie away from our Son's dash to his room last night.......so there's some to share....at the moment at least.

Nothing world shattering happening around here today........but I can sense the growing excitement in Jeff's posts about some future family members round there. Our dogs have a special relationship with our cat, and 'G'pig......definitely play mates.......though I believe short of a 'nuclear strike' the cat controls the length of play time, and when it's over. *(" Nuclear strike would be Chloe taking a deep breath and Alley, the cat, would be 'tonsil candy'.") 馃榿

Hope sunshine, either external or internal, rules the day for All,
Hack

Retired Wanderer
Morning Hack and the rest coming. Still in Plano, Texas but won't return to the mothership for a month or so.

Hack we are trying to get Gracie, my kitty and Winston, her 10 month old 90 lb yellow lab to get along. Just playing in parallel for now. Leigh thought my kitty is better off with her own basement empire at her big house then in my little apartment, and she was right. It is getting better, and if food is involved the cat is non existent.

The team went to a way cool BBQ place last night, but there is only BBQ Thursday through Sunday. Fortunately, brisket tacos were amazing.

Flying out at 9:30 then I'll spend the afternoon doing a few things at Leigh's, my new girlfriends, house. She has three fireplaces in a 100 year old beautiful home. The gas lines in the fireplaces are capped but appear functional to install log kits. I have a sniffer and gas line leak bottle ready to go. We are also redoing a 50's era basement rec room into a modern place to hang out. I never had a killer stereo, so spent the money on nice Klipsch speakers all around. Pictures will be on the way.

Tonight is the new Bond flick premier, and doing it up right in a fancy theater that serves dinner right in your cozy chair.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Reactions: Tinsnips

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT.

Thanks for the coffee and apple pie, Hack. Good steal from Nate. I鈥檒l add oatmeat with raisins and walnuts.
Wheee on getting inspired by Jeff. Another house with the animal kingdom happening!
Hope things go well at the yard today, including ZERO injuries.

Perry - Your girlfriend鈥檚 house sound interesting. Any chance of some photos?

Jeff - Good reading about your life with birds and doggies getting along. And they are cool with you being The Dad.

Gotta get going with my day!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Premium Member
Good Morning Hack, Perry, Cath and all.

Thanks for the coffee, I will add some Lucky Charms .

Not mush going on here today, May give the LFS another try. I need to, but is you have ever driven in South Louisiana particularly Baton rouge you know why I hate it.

Perry you basement room will be cool.

Administrator
.mor min all typing on the phone is is iffy so bear with me. Last scheduled shift. Need to get my new printer online, what a hassle, leave it to HP to make something easy into a a nightmare, Rghhhh

Super Moderator
Morning all,
Doug, it鈥檚 a royal pain when phones/鈥榩uters/ anything tech don鈥檛 play well .My debit card works with 99.99% of the places used, except my local True Value Hardware store. They say 鈥渨e have trouble with the credit union鈥檚 cards鈥 . Spoke to the teller at my credit union yesterday and did a 鈥淏TW鈥 comment about that problem. She said that the places that have issues have a problem with THEIR systems ( she knew of a detail about it but could not recall the exacts) As she put it 鈥 So, (place that has the problem with their cards working ) you are saying that the problem is OUR card?鈥 鈥 But what about the umpteen other places that DON鈥橳 have a issue?鈥 She shed light on it being something of the hardware store鈥檚 end of things since the problem is in their system and how it鈥檚 configured, NOT the card/credit union . Plan on bringing that up to the True Value next time I鈥檓 there, since I don鈥檛 want to make sure I have cash, or use a credit card ,especially when I鈥檓 getting $3 worth of nuts m bolts.

Early sit down grub stop in town this morning, felt like the nest way to start a hopefully productive day.
Cool but humid again , might close up the house and put the a/c back on, mainly cuz I don鈥檛 literally want to watch paint dry ( or not) when its 90% humidity or more.

On/back to the day,

Hope everyone is having a great one!

• Sad
Reactions: cath

Retired Wanderer
Photos tonight of the house. Trying to do modern projects and maintain history is cool. Throwing in a little steam punk.
One more flight then home.

Super Moderator
Afternoon all,
Bird room all painted and carpet cleaned ( not due to me and sloppy 鈥減aintmenship鈥, just cuz) And while I鈥檓 liking the new painted walls, I kinda hate the actual process . And imagine I will be doing more painting in other areas of the house in time, gone are the days of painting a whole interior inna day.

Plans for tomorrow are to get a haircut and let the tonsorial expert trim my beard up, I keep up on it but when haircut time comes around I let the beard go so they can neaten it up.

Then,based on the weather, gussy up the new truck for the trip up north a few hrs on Saturday to see about getting a parrot or two with my Sis.Then again if the weather permits, lower the grass in the fenced
in Dawg yard since the recent rain has gotten it grow on. Then who knows what else,,

Another week or so before the tree guys come over and drop the three monster maples and a steroidal tulip tree, so will need to pull the hostas around the trunks and concrete edging surrounds so they can access the tree along with grinding the stumps easily. Then I鈥檒l have some chain sawing then splitting then air stacking work cut out for me, ( Can feel the end of those day鈥檚 aches already , heheh)

On to the remainder of the day,,

Hope everyone is having a good one!

• Wow
Reactions: cath

Premium Member
I hate painting, last thing I painted was the chicken coop, barn red and white. Real pain. My granddaughter helped me do it, got a kick out of it. The red didn鈥檛 really look red when we finished.
trying to eat a lot tonight because tomorrow I won鈥檛 be able to have food or water til sometime in the afternoon.

Super Moderator
Good evening, everyone!

Doug - Pfui with the woes of setting up you HP and getting error messages.

Good Morning Hack, Perry, Cath and all.

Thanks for the coffee, I will add some Lucky Charms .

Not mush going on here today, May give the LFS another try. I need to, but is you have ever driven in South Louisiana particularly Baton rouge you know why I hate it.

Perry you basement room will be cool.
Jeff - Great to hear that inside info about using debit/credit cards from your credit union teller, That's a good thing to remember for the next trip to True Value.

Yikes you have some real work ahead. But it's worth it for when you bring your new bird home. Pix are a MUST.

I hate painting, last thing I painted was the chicken coop, barn red and white. Real pain. My granddaughter helped me do it, got a kick out of it. The red didn鈥檛 really look red when we finished.
trying to eat a lot tonight because tomorrow I won鈥檛 be able to have food or water til sometime in the afternoon.
Good luck with that feeding tube removal tomorrow.

Welp, off to a Zoom Civitan meeting.

Administrator
Gentlemen and Winnenz (hehe) done with work, still fighting with HP, but had to walk away from ot. Going tp the coast on the am, with my "Friend" and her dawg. based on goodbye hug and kiss, I need to get a motel that is dog friendly

Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finished another pile of Cheeseburgers for dinner.....quick and yummy after PT. And man do I feel bad just finishing off the last of the Dutch Apple pie......not in a feel bad I didn't save any, but as in I SHOULD HAVE....now I'm stuffed. 馃榿

2 Stories to share, so go grab a drink, I'll wait...... ......... ......... ...........HURRY!

(1) Sent across the creek this morning to remove an outboard from a sail boat......"Little sailboat, blue canvas, and a small outboard." OK, brought it back. "What boat did ya get THAT from?" Pointed to it......"NO, wrong boat....put it back!". It was the OTHER little sailboat, with the OTHER blue canvas with the OTHER small outboard.

Decided that could be a lucrative profession....Professional outboard thief! Took 2 of em during broad day light, waving and saying howdy to the folks on the docks. Might consider a 'franchise'?

(2) Had a rough day at the office....other than the outboard fiasco........Through an 80 lb block out of my way as I was blocking a boat, and it can tumbling down the hill, and landed on top of my foot.......I of course retaliated and punched it, and jammed my thumb.....HEY JEFF, Ya got company! Then, all that through my shoulder out........Yeah, but my neck felt pretty good today.馃馃憤馃榿

Hack

Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THAT WAS TOO LONG......need a 2nd post.

Eat up Vinnie.......all the best for tomorrow! Hope it flies by for Ya....prayers sent!

ZOOOooooooommmmmm.........there goes Cath! Have fun Girl!

Doug, am I seeing a 'rendezvous' along the coast in your future.......on a Family forum? Ooooooooo, pictures and stories!
Going tp the coast on the am, with my "Friend" and her dawg. based on goodbye hug and kiss, I need to get a motel that is dog friendly
:cool:

Let's see.....馃.....who'd we miss......?

Yeah Perry.....I agree with Cath.....requires pictures! Sounds delightfully COOL!

Jeff......Jeff, RELAX MAN! Sounds like a few folks around here Cuz may have a wee bit of 'bird envy'.... Best of luck!

OK, done now,
Hack

Super Moderator
Sounds like you鈥檙e on a roll tonight, Hack. 馃コ

Ruh roe on choosing the wrong outboard. All too easy. 馃槼

I鈥檓 surprised your foot didn鈥檛 get squished with that 80 pound block landing on it! Bet it will feel good and sore tomorrow. Glad to hear your neck feels good today though.

Grooviness for all tonight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts