The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all! Coffee and donuts today.just finishing up packing and on our way to Vt. Warm weather here.Enjoy the day all!

·
Super Moderator
27,415 Posts
Thursday lookin' at the weekend

Good mawnin', TRT!

Coffee is ready. For eats we are having French toast with VT maple syrup. Nanners and apples on the side. Who will fix sausage or bacon?

Selling of ads is going pretty well. Last meeting of Birds of the Carolinas at Wofford today. Our topic will be owls.

Off to Civitan. Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
27,415 Posts
Hiya, George :wavey: You beat me fair and square. Have a great trip!

·
Super Moderator
22,286 Posts
Morning all,

Thanks for the grub , have Einstein/Costco bagels to offer up,,

More cloudy than sunny so far today, hope the rain holds off until the time the weather quessers say,, tonite.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Administrator
47,304 Posts
Mornin George, Cath, Jeff and all. 38 here, hi of 53 with peekaboo sun. So glad this is last shift at store, I m running on empty. Hope the dy treats you well, safe trip George, have fun with Dave and Nancy

·
Retired Wanderer
17,360 Posts
Morning everyone. Average workload now and lovely 70's record high weather all week in Cleveland.

Headed out tomorrow for five days of vacation.:beer:

·
Retired Wanderer
17,360 Posts
In the 70's here in Cleveland, then back to 40's in Colorado Springs, then 60's/70's in San Diego, then 50's back in Cleveland end of next week. That covers my next seven days.

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
Port Orford Report: I went fishing.

Yesterday I spent the day salmon fishing with my friend on the Elk River. I like fishing. Fishing has a way of fulfilling an age-old need of pursuing and catching. Well, In my case only pursuing. I've never caught a river salmon before, only on the ocean with a boat pulling and cute deckhands to land it for me.

The day started out badly. All ready to go and discovered my fishing license and salmon tags were missing. I drove quickly to the Liquor Store to get a replacement, but they would not replace my salmon tags except for a hatchery tag, denying me any wild fish.

We reached the first hole and fished for an hour; nothing. Hiked to the next one, wending through the trees to the bank. About 15 salmon were in the hole (you can actually see them) waiting for high tide when the river fills so they can escape. I tried a spinner and an anchovy but nothing until Wham! Fish on! It was a gorgeous fish. He jumped and jumped to try to shake the hook, displaying his beautiful bright chrome coloring. I guessed him to be about 20-25 lbs, not as big as I've seen but still impressive.

I fought that fish for 10 minutes. Everyone pulled their gear so my fish did not get tangled. He pulled an enormous amount of drag as he tried to escape down river. And for a while, he was successful. But soon he was near the bank, and I could see he was a hatchery fish and I could keep him! Heart pounding I steered him to the bank. Then came the hard part, jumping down the embankment to get him the rest of the way out out of the water. But it slipped away from me, shook off my hook and disappeared into the Wild Elk River.

I felt like crying. The other guys at the bank looked at me with a look that straddled between amusement and disgust. My friend yelled at me. Then I did cry.

Anyway, I went fishing yesterday.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Afternoon, George, Cath, Jeff, Doug, Perry, fishcigarguy & Helen! :)

77f this afternoon...not supposed to be this warm in November. :confused:

Headed out too early for breakfast this morning. Holdover 'til tomorrow some of that French toast and those donuts, Cath & George.

Helen, that's about the saddest fish tale I've heard. To be so close........:(

On to the rest of the day.......

Dick:)

·
Administrator
47,304 Posts
Evening all, home from the store, have to pay bills and mortgage so the fun is not over yet

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
I don't think they killed snow.... I'm 5th inking some crazy rebirth witch thing is gonna happen
They are going to throw his body over the wall, where he will be found by a group of White Walkers who bring him back to life.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,789 Posts
Hi folks, just a quick check in.....busy day at the office and a busier night @ 'Jen's-Cakes'. Sooooo sorry Helen, but that's the stuff of amazing fish tales. Can't wait for your book to come out.....very gifted! Hey George, having a good time with Dave and Nancy? Hope you have a great time. Enjoy your time away from being away Perry, and all the best. Back to decorating,
Hack

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hi Hack,Dave is hard to get in touch.hope I can find out if will meet, but having my doubts.ate at Kevin's sport bar like I hear on the commercials.I t was packed and yummy!

·
Administrator
47,304 Posts
Evening all, George hope your meet up comes off.
Helen, bummer on the fish thing, I need to get over there and fish at some point, tho I prefer to be on a boat to do it.
I need to run back to store for a few things I missed, not knowing Brady was coming for the weekend. Gotta run

·
Retired Wanderer
17,360 Posts
Evening everyone.

Had a fantastic dinner with the core team downtown. Great food and company. Our new project manager is a diva, but in a fun way.

Watched some football with my buddy who was a QB at University of Miami, Ohio and a native Clevelander.

Really love this town and have friends on top of friends. It is like an episode of Anthony Bourdain every trip here exploring new food and new places.

Have a nice night.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts