The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good mawnin', TRT!

Coffee is ready. Let's have French toast with VT maple syrup and a berry fruit cup (heat it up if you like...it's delicious!)

Hack - I hope you had a chance to sleep in today.

Off to Civitan with Clergy Appreciation Day.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, we have all kinds of flood warnings and such today. Frog stranglin' time.

Doug - GOOD NEWS for you yesterday on the insurance AND tax refund coming your way.

Hack - Happy Dance for you too with your refund.

Jeff!! Glad to hear you had some snow. I know you have sense enough not to drive in that mess and wind up with some knot head bumping into you like what happened with Doug.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
Got my second interview today with a company that the GM already said I can work there. It is a long haul on icy roads, but by 9 am they should met off. It is a balmy 31 right now, heady up to 50 and a lot of rain.

Enjoy your Thursday!!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Big ole good morning Cath and Perry, and All that will be pulling up a chair with us this fine morning....HAPPY THURSDAY! Our weather is whatever this goofy winter will roll the dice and be....according to the window, it's rainy. Yuh know Cath, THAT French Toast sounds just about right, so we'll be schlepping some more of that on the table as well as more coffee. PLAN A for me today will be doing some fish tank stuff.....lfs for some hard air tubing, and perhaps ordering some related stuff to bring our skimmer back on line. One way or the other, we're gonna grab this day by the horns, and make it moooo for us...grooviness to All,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Morning all 40 here, might hit 50ish later. Last shift for the week(in theory) Owner has gone of to Texas to help a friend finish off a project since friend did a lot of work on the restaurant adjacent to our store.
Other than that it is just wait for things to gel
Hope the day treats you all well

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
Mornin folks! Video conferences, owner relations and employee issues. Shaping up to be a hectic day.
Thanks for the coffee, much needed today!
I wont even have time to work on my 3d rendering of the aquarium/fish room design till late this evening.....thats just terrible!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
Got work. Start on the 17th. Wrenching and electrical controls in a factory. No management. Fine by me. Not sure what just getting to wrench is like.

Got my Unemployment approved for the bridge period.

Denise got a 100% on her final to be a CNC operator. Her job sent her to school.

Been a good day. Out of Italian Seasoning, but actually mixing the ingredients with some sweet Italian sausage, fresh garlic and pasta will work. I always try to cook for two, and end up with stuff for this whole thread.

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
After Eve gang, off work and trying to put all my various issues in order.
Perry, I know what you mean about cooking for 2, anymore I cook mostly for me since JoJo is more organic and fairly meatless.
Now most of the pressure is off, just waiting on $$$ to clear bank, then see what I can find for wheels.
Right now I just need to check email and chill.
Hope the day was a good one

·
16,765 Posts
Hey Folks! Busy day around the Table today.....COOL! I'll 3rd that Perry....go through all the trouble for one, not much more effort to feed the army. Cold cuts around here....Ham, Lebanon'reg', Turkey, and American, Swiss, and Onion cheeses, as well as a big ole Jewish pickle to slice up for your sandwiches. Been up to my elbows....literally with my skimmer tinkering today. ("Rhetorical") Any idea how filthy and disgusting the insides of a 6 foot tall skimmer can get? I'll save the nose dripping details for my thread. Let's see....installment #7 of my Star Wars marathon this evening. ("I'm on a mission!") Hope you get some tank time in this evening Robert....even if'n it's just 'envisioning'. On with the evening,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Mmmmmmmmm sammiches sound good, it is just chilly enough that soup and grilled cheez sounds good, but I have sliced chicken and whatnot to make a sammy on designer bread. Just feeling enough tired to take whatever easy way kicks me in shins

·
16,765 Posts
Go cock them weary tootsies up Doug.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Jeff!! Glad to hear you had some snow. I know you have sense enough not to drive in that mess and wind up with some knot head bumping into you like what happened with Doug.
Cath,, ME have enough sense:confused:? :lol::lol:
Thought you knew me ,, haha.
This morning, the worst road was the county road just off my driveway,, just about everywhere else(state and just about any other county than ours) had roads tended to nicely, at least the roads I was on today. The first road I hit out of my driveway was a mes,, yeah they plow , but,,,,, think the county DOES have a "salt truck", but it's a pickup with a salt spreader in the back,, for "important " intersections. The big trucks haul/disperse sand or cinders at best,, sigh.

Got work. Start on the 17th. Wrenching and electrical controls in a factory. No management. Fine by me. Not sure what just getting to wrench is like.
Cool on the new gig,, dunno if it's up your alley Perry,, but sounds like a sweet gig to me. (And not being badgered by the management types , hehe)
Foreman/bosses , we got along just fine,,, I get a call to t-shoot/fix something, I was there (being most times faster than the other guys in my dept. , one tends to stand out when I'm not needing a 2nd calll on the radio asking where I am). Some of the other guys kinda needed a few "why ain't you there yet?" calls to get em motivated,, I never was like that.

Congrats to Denise, and hope your new gig fits you well :beer:

Evening all:wavey:

Yup, made the trek up north for a Costco run,, The stuff that comes home when I solo tends to be a bit different when Blyth goes there sans me. But, got 95% of what was on her part of the shopping list(5% was not there to purchase). Recent snow around here was tended to nicely by the time I got on the road, except for the first 4-5 miles out of my driveway,, my county does not believe in salt,,,:mad::confused::arg: .

When I got out of Costco, I called my mom (sorta near my "up north" locale) and asked if they wanted/needed me to relocate the snow on their walking surface and driveway. Mom said no biggie, dad expects the snow to melt soon (ummm, nope IMO) and it was not a problem getting cars out of the garage etc. So,, headed the car toward home, then got a call from Mom,, asking if I was not far into my drive home, could I come over and help with Dad's new CPAP machine,, neither were having any luck with setting a few levels Dad preferred. No problem and went there, "fixed" the CPAP machine issue (was easy, but dad is not pushbutton savvy in current tech applications), then hooked up and set up Mom's new printer , Sis was planning on doing it this weekend, I was there,,, why not :agree:.

Part of me was thinking they just wanted to see me,,, but naaaa,,, but we all enjoyed a visit regardless.

Got home, offloaded the Costco stuff,, then chose to relocate the snow around here. Snow throw'd the walking surfaces, Big Deere bucket'd /moved the driveway snow and then moved the snow in the back yard/dawg yard , into a pile o snow for middle dog Scruffy. Since i built a "Mt. Scruffy" years ago, to see if he would play on the snow I piled up after clearing access for the doxie's short legs on outdoor duties,, it has been a annual winter thing to move/pile the snow for Scruff to play on. First he zooms around the yard in the snow,,, then leaps to the top of the snow pile ,having a good ol time. It's rare that he shows his play face, but have some snow and a pile of it, he is in dawgy play heaven :dance::agree:.

Rumor is that we might get additional snow,, so far only 3" or so,, but seems to be a big deal when we have been snow "light" this season,,,

Comfy chair time,,

hope everyone had a great day!:wavey:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts