The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ARC has three new sponsors. I encourage everyone to check them out when they get a chance! Welcome!

:beer:

Aquarium Designs

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
4441 Creekside Ave Suite 141
Hoover AL, 35244
</st1:postalCode>

<st1:postalCode w:st="on">205-444-9952</st1:postalCode>
<st1:postalCode w:st="on">http://www.aquariumdesignsinc.com</st1:postalCode>
<st1:postalCode w:st="on"></st1:postalCode>
<st1:postalCode w:st="on">Store Hours: M Closed T 11-7 W 11-7 TH 11-7 F 11-8 Sat 11-8 Sun 1-6

<st1:postalCode w:st="on">Description: Full retail store. We specialize in coral fragments, coral, and marine fish. We only have Marine tanks, Fish, Corals, Frags and Inverts.

Dicount: 10% discount for all ARC members Excluding Deltec products (We have a set price we must sell at per our contract.), New tank setup, specials, and special order items.

(Aquarium Designs hosted the large frag tank at SWU)

Marine Flora

702 Lombard Court
Sacramento, CA 95838
916-802-0105

http://www.marineflora.com

Description: Supplier of beautiful coral, macroalgae and invertebrates. We are currently running a special on colorful zoanthid frag packs for $79.99!!!

Dicount: 10% for club members. Email us for bulk/quantity power-buy purchases. We will do our best to help out the reefing community

Petland Alpharetta

5215 Windward Pkwy Suite B
Alpharetta, GA 30004
(770) 751-1981

www.petlandalpharetta.com

Store Hours: M 11-9 T 11-9 W11-9 H 11-9 F 11-9 Sat 11-9 Sun 12-6

Description: the store opened one year ago. we did not have any marine livestock.
now we have two wall of marine livestock, and getting ready to make a third wall. this store has a growing marine department. we like to share information and knowledge about marine life.
our fish room employees are josh (manager), tom, nishant and kari.

Dicount: 20% off of marine fish and 15% off of coral and live rock.
15% off of dry goods, not including tanks, stands, caponies, and discounted items.
10% off of freshwater fish and plants.

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marine Flora (a new online ARC sponsor) has offered two $25 gift certificates for the club. We'll be auctioning them off at the meeting.

·
Registered
274 Posts
petland alpharetta must be good because josh used to work at petland of duluth and a really cool and caring guy
so if you guys are around go and check it out,
dont worry he doesnt bite

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ok gatta ask...why is the atlanta reef club sponsored buy retailers in bama and cali?

I though the point was to support local fish stores so they would support the club, not just who can we get to give us a deal this month:confused:

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EnderG60 said:
Ok gatta ask...why is the atlanta reef club sponsored buy retailers in bama and cali?

I though the point was to support local fish stores so they would support the club, not just who can we get to give us a deal this month:confused:
We welcome anyone (retailer or members) who are in the area or nationwide that support the same ideals that the ARC supports, such as the promotion of aquacultured/maricultured corals, sound ecological practices, education, and other related concepts.

The Atlanta Reef Club really goes outside of Atlanta. We have members from other states; we don't discriminate based on geographical location.

We support local vendors as much as possible, but we try (as a club) to help bring reputable and known sources to the members. Bringing in sponsors from out of the state is one way this can be accomplished. SWU was the club's effort to reach out past Atlanta ourselves.

On a lighter note, we always appreciate other stores offering us a discount. :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
As the current sponsor coordinator, I guess I should probably respond to this.

We have a very large club (currently it numbers around 350) and the members of our club are very active on this and many other forums that deal with this hobby. If I were starting a business, I'd certainly want to try and cultivate an active, vocal group (which from all outward apprearances, we seem to be. Just look at the posts on this forum compared to the other clubs'.). There's also the fact that, as with many businesses these days, they are increasingly using the internet as part of their business model. We also have the benefit of hosting an annual function (Salterwater U) that has garnered quite a reputation in a very short period of time. These are just some of the factors that probably go into the decision making that these businesses use prior to approaching us. I certainly think that supporting our local fish stores is the way to go however we also have members in remote locations. Should we make them have to travel to take advantage of their membership? Many of our "out of town" sponsors also offer items that the LFS don't carry. Should we preclude our members from being able to get better deals on those items? I could go on but I'm hoping that the benefits of having businesses, whether local or out of town, that are willing to support our club and it's members can only be a good thing. These decisions are also not made in a vacuum. All applications for sponsorship are reviewed by the board and there's a vote. Not all applications are accepted. We should just be glad that these businesses find it worthwhile to be associated with a club such as ours!

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also- in reference to the store in Alabama- they've done great things for the club, and were a big hit at SWU. They helped us host the frag meeting in February, and the manager used to be an ARC member. They're market is small in Birmingham, and they want to include us in their business and in their outreach.

I'm personally really glad to see them listed as sponsors now.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have one question for you Ender,
why not have supporters out of Georgia
what if you go to a diffrent state and you dont have enough mmoney for something, but with the discount you do? Wouldnt you be happy with the discount then?
I know i would

·
Registered
111 Posts
I visited Aquarium Design while I was in Hoover/Birmingham a few months ago. I must say that I was amazed by the quality of the corals that I saw on display. I planned on purchasing a few corals when I he back there next month, so this will work out perfect for me. Thanks.

AJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts