The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone. A predicted couple more inches of snow coming in time for the commute home. The last round was off by 8 inches from the predicted 12, so using the rule of proportions that will be 3/4 inch this time.

Pretty calm shift, which is 14 hours as usual. Maintenance guy called off, so I am handling minor calls tonight. Supposed to be out of that business, but told my high level managers that they don't need to know everything that happens after midnight.

Coffee is on.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,036 Posts
Top of the morning Perry and All pulling up a chair this morning.....HAPPY THURSDAY! Congrats on wrangling in some of our changed features on here......LOT of different looks, but I haven't found anything that went the 'wrong direction'.......YET?

Yeah snow is supposed to start right....about..................now around here. Going between SNOW, and periods of HEAVY SNOW, to 'mixed precipitation/wintery mix, to rain, to snow......1-4" / 5-8" depending on the BOT you listen to. My weather rock go a good night's sleep and is in his office raring to go.

Mom and new baby Sister are now doing better/well and Daddy may be stopping by today to hug the little Lady we're entertaining for them.......but still another 1-3 days in the hospital to ensure all is groovy. We've turned their little girl from a 'I DON'T WANT TO....CRY, SCREAM, CRY into a HOT DERN, a sleep over at Nona's! ("German for Grandmom's")

Coffee is on, and confidence is elevated that a belly busting breakfast will follow.....STAY TUNED!

Peace, grooviness, and an optimistic outlook on life to All,
Hack

·
15,036 Posts
SNOW is just now starting. If Others out there besides me are interested in science and space exploration, make a note there's about 8 1/2 till NASA's Perseverance Mars Rover attempts to land on Mars.

Looking forward to what the day holds for us around here, as of POST TIME there's been no PLANS made.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Good mawnin’, Perry, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, guys. Hack, I heard your call for a stout breakfast, so here it is - Hot chocolate, Cream of Wheat, buttermilk Belgian waffles, oranges and nanners, and whatever meat you wanna fix.;)

Pretty calm shift, which is 14 hours as usual. Maintenance guy called off, so I am handling minor calls tonight. Supposed to be out of that business, but told my high level managers that they don't need to know everything that happens after midnight.

Coffee is on.
😄😄 Thats right! Besides, you may be out of maintenance, but someone has to do that work.

Hack - Keep those snow reports coming.
What is the new baby’s name? Yeah on the success with the big sis that has been staying at your home and getting ready to stay at Nona’s!

What’s on tap for you today?

Jeff - Oh boy with the real 13”? Of snow at your mom’s place! How were the roads on your drive there and back?
How are your birds doing with this wintry blast?

Might make some banana bread today, and I don’t know what else I’ll be doing.

Keeping the people and animals in Texas in my thoughts.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
15,036 Posts
.........And the daily wave is.....,,Tada! 1613655233609.png
Good morning Cath, and THANKS for the breakfast spread. Looking like Maple sausages, and Apple Cinnamon Flap Jacks will be joining in.

Sophia Grace, ("Please forgive any 'manly spelling errors'.")

Wondrous aspirations,
Hack

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Morning gang, 37 dark and last scheduled day. After work I need to go see ex about upcoming tax session. Waiting to see how taxes play out before seriously looking for new vehicle.
Bummer on the wierd weather, crazy stuff. We missed the nasty up north, finally got the main internet back up but for how long is the guessing game

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
.........And the daily wave is.....,,Tada! View attachment 240952
Good morning Cath, and THANKS for the breakfast spread. Looking like Maple sausages, and Apple Cinnamon Flap Jacks will be joining in.

Sophia Grace, ("Please forgive any 'manly spelling errors'.")

Wondrous aspirations,
Hack
Yummy additions to our breakfast. I hope you shared my portion of the sausage.

What a love name! Your spelling was spot on. 🤓🥳

Morning gang, 37 dark and last scheduled day. After work I need to go see ex about upcoming tax session. Waiting to see how taxes play out before seriously looking for new vehicle.
Bummer on the wierd weather, crazy stuff. We missed the nasty up north, finally got the main internet back up but for how long is the guessing game
Doug - I hope you can buy a reliable vehicle soon!
Yuck with your your internet woes. :(

Now to start the banana bread....

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Not even looking at cars yet, big issue now is getting a new phone and getting thru tax time. Gotta meet up with ex and see what happens

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
I have an appt to look at new phones later. Tooke the dogs up to the creek to see what
rain and snow melt did

·
15,036 Posts
Can't help but think with each new picture we pass around the TRT Breakfast Table, 'How Dick must be smiling in approval'. Sniffle sniffle.....

I'm resisting the urge, and I will be the first to point out POORLY, about making a comment along the lines of, 'See what a leaking diaper can do!'. 😁 Flip Wilson I believe had a famous comment inserted after such a lip fumble.....TRIVIA anyone?

Well we now have another rover on the Red Planet......safe n sound.

Our huge snow event was obnoxious but nothing worth calling the Guard out for. MAYBE 2-3" in drifts, BUT 1/2 that is ice, and ice SUCKS! So opted we'll be hanging onto Stella, the little Lady we're watching while Her little Sister learns the ropes of being on this side of Her Mommy. Rather than switching off with the other set of Grandparents. A Rousing day of Trouble, and Chutes n Ladders have stretched the limits of my excitement scale.

And when the weather allows, God willing tomorrow, someone's got their Taxes deposited today.....Living this close, about a mile down the back road here to a famous Horse racing track.....Atlantic City Race Track, the phrase, 'Dip GO' or 'And they're OFF' depending on whether the 'FLATS or the TROTTERS' were running. Hack n I are sure in the 'Starting Gates' hoofs digging in chaffing at the bits to 'Dip GO'!

Whelp time to give someone else some air time....SORRY!

Grooviness Y'All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Good evening, everyone!

Doug - That little Cory is cute as a little bug. Nice photos of enter creek action!

Hack - You got me on that Flip Wilson trivia.🧐

Chutes and Ladders is classic fun. Enjoy!

Yeee hawww on getting your taxes turned in today. Guess I better work on mine.

Everyone have a great evening! Wonder how Jerry is doing in the north part of Texas?

·
15,036 Posts
Hack - You got me on that Flip Wilson trivia.🧐
REALLY? WOW! Do you remember the Flip Wilson show from back in the early 70's? His iconic saying which became a social norm of the time was..,.,.,"The devil made me do it!".
We've soooooo got to work out the how n when's of a TRIVIA NIGHT around here.

Making a huge mistake, but a cup of joe just shouted out to me.,.,,,,The devil made me do it! 😁
Peace n joy to One n All,
Hack

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Hack, Cath and i are both "mature" enough to remember Flip (here come the Judge) which was the source of the Hot Azz GTO before Smoky and the Bandit immortalized the 455 Trans Am

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Dam, hit wrong button, fast track, got spiffy new phone, Senior Center is booked up to do tax returns and it is all by phone. Prolly get a commercial preparer :(

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Evening all,

Cath, the roads to/from Mom's were pretty decent, think the good thing was that the light/dry snow and the colder temps helped the plow drivers clear the roads more productively . Wet n heavy snow makes for a mess to clear/drive on. Wild birds are on par with my weather rock, actually good at predicting what the rock will sow after it happens.They hit the assorted feeders HARD prior to either super cold temps or a major storm. Some feeders were empty the same day I refilled em, and attendance was way up also(sorta hand in hand , I know , hahah) No doubt they know something is coming and carb/calorie load in advance. Since I started adding having a separate container of seed mix on the back deck in addition to the shelled peanuts I throw off the deck toward the feeder areas already. the additional seed offerings seem to get more birds fed, and brings in more. The rabbits and squirrels are not looking too thin either, having constant grub tossed out to share/steal from the birds.

Lackluster effort day here, hoping to step up and do better tomorrow.

Doc appt. in the am, rescheduled from the one scheduled during the snow day, wisely. Also rescheduled King's appt. for the vet. Found out when talking to the desk person that protocol has changed from parking lot/vehicle handing off of the pet, to "when you get there, call in and someone will call and take prelim. info from you, then will call you to bring pet inside, take human's temperature and go straight to the exam room, no one in the lobby" revisions. Works out great for me (King) since he is not all that keen on strangers leading him around/taking him from me kinda thing.Plus he gets muzzled when they take him to another area to do their exam stuff (seems like that is the norm, not much exam stuff goes on in the room nowadays).Muzzle is mostly because he is not happy with getting his front nails trimmed, or ears cleaned/examined, at least with strangers.

Hope everyone had a great day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts