The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 8 months my Rose Anenome has split twice, spawning 5 daughters. My display is being taken over by these guys. Plus they are very mobile. In the course of their wandering all of my sps are bleached. I've discussed family planning with them to no avail. Will a vet neuter them for me?

·
Registered
706 Posts
wow....there is a problem to have.....in 8 months your rose has produced about 700 dollars in babies.....

·
Going Broke
1,595 Posts
Hommeworks, that is a real problem. :D :D

Tell you what, ship them up here and I'll take care of them for you. I'll post daily pictures so you will at least have the Roses virtually. :funny:

I had that same problem so I solved it by putting them in a tank all by themselves. Now they can split all they want without any worries. I have 2 clowns with them that stay in the BTA all day.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yeah, you better get rid of those pretty quick. Tell you what, I'll pay the shipping and if you send a couple to me I'll "dispose" of them for you. :D

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Hmmm...I think I could find a place or three for them....hmmmm...I will pay shipping.

Ray

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hommeworks said:
In 8 months my Rose Anenome has split twice, spawning 5 daughters. My display is being taken over by these guys. Plus they are very mobile. In the course of their wandering all of my sps are bleached. I've discussed family planning with them to no avail. Will a vet neuter them for me?
Yeh.....you got a real problem.....ahhhhh.......can I have one or two....ummmmmm.what light are you using?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was what I did for the most recent split. I changed from MH to T5's. Then I had an algea bloom, it was to be expected. But to kill the algea, I shut the lights down for 8 days. So then when I turned the lights back on, the algea was gone and I had a new daughter. Maybe the stress promoted primordial instincts to pro-create.

·
Registered
336 Posts
What a situation!!!

Id give one of those babies a really nice home. My maroons would love one!!! I'll pay shipping also. That is IF you want to find homes!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hommeworks said:
This was what I did for the most recent split. I changed from MH to T5's. Then I had an algea bloom, it was to be expected. But to kill the algea, I shut the lights down for 8 days. So then when I turned the lights back on, the algea was gone and I had a new daughter. Maybe the stress promoted primordial instincts to pro-create.
Thats very interesting you may be correct or perhaps they enter an area of low to no light to split?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah...I have had the same thing happen with mushrooms. I placed them in water with no light or heat for 3 days, forgot about them and when I finally remembered they had split themselves into many more. I put them back into the tank and the new ones flourished. BTW, I'll pay the shipping for one of your anemones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts