The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 29 gallon tank with about 30 lbs of live rock and 20 lbs of live sand. I have two false percula clowns, a sixline wrasse, a firefish, and a blue damsel. For inverts I have about 4 hermit crabs two Nassarius Snails, a feather duster and a turbo snail. Nassarius Snail . All of my water parameters are good with my salinity at 1.023 my ammonia at 0 nitrite at 0 nitrate at 10ppm pH at 8.2. I was thinking of getting a 37 gallon tall so that I wouldnt have to get a new stand. This would give my current fish more space to swim and I wanted to get a coral beauty angel because they are my favorite fish. Would this be too much for the bioload on the 37 gallon?
Thanks in advance

· Premium Member
6,790 Posts
I think from a fishes perspective going vertical does not give them much swimming room.
Going from a 29 to a 37 is not going to make the fish any happier nor will get make maintaining the tank any easier.

As far as bio load your pushing it
153bac56-3cd7-48c3-8a82-989c065bd69b

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.