The Reef Tank banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,707 Posts
Hack, all I know it’s a bicolor corn, and what Blyth and I used to rank other local corn.

Cath , here is a pic of mom n daddy GSD,, with the details I know. I’m on “the list” and will get to check out /pick my fella prior to pick up age. Dog Vertebrate Nature Carnivore Dog breed

• Love
Reactions: cath and hackshobby

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,584 Posts
....... :unsure: ......What kind of corn do you deem worthy of praise Jeff? I know 'tastes' are a very personal/regional thing.
Growing up, and until perhaps maybe a dozen years or so, we use to have 'Sliver Queen' corn......tiny, almost white kernels, and very sweet.
View attachment 244587
Then another 'local' variation appeared round me.....called 'Even Sweeter'......same attributes, but indeed sweeter than Silver Queen.

But then, this all seemed to have dried up......high breed yellow/white....tough....TASTELESS and what we use to call 'Horse corn' began flooding our markets......one by one local stands/farms quit offering it, in favor of THAT stuff. Almost looks like something 'tropical' with it's green leaves as it grows.

Looking and hoping this is the year the GOOD STUFF returns round here, and still a couple weeks out yet. One can only hope.
Hack
Up here we have Peaches & Cream corn. It is a mix of golden & white kernels & very sweet & tender.

·
Administrator
19,668 Posts
......BE CAREFUL! Most folks under salt n butter, leading to erroneous claims. Heck, I even really tick people off and throw a table spoon of sugar in the water as it boils......I'm just a rebel! 😱
Hack

·
Administrator
19,668 Posts
All this talk about corn's got me thinking..... :unsure: ......hmmmmmm, what goes with corn.....POP CORN.....OOOoohhhhhhh, MOVIES!;) I got some, pop corn that is, and a new can of salt, and the butter....well of course is always well stocked round here. So me be thinking a movie night lies ahead.(y)

Been out in the gun room off n on most of the day......not air conditioned, so these past couple weeks been tough getting motivated to go out there.....today, barely touching 80 under cloudy skies was pleasant out there.
To loosely paraphrase a famous movie quote, '....I love the smell of gun oil.....smells like.....MONEY.'. ;)

Hack

·
Administrator
49,206 Posts
If you look to the right of the mirror, you will see a fan vent and an exposed section of siding. Up towards top is where new 36" vent fan is going. Given the quest for fan that doesnt sound like a Cessna at take off, he waiting till sun shifts a bit so it will be cooler.
I neglected to hit reply, its now 4:50 pm here and still 103F, good thing I turned on AC before I went to work or I couldnt cook dinner in here, I love to grill but at these temps its NASTY

·
Administrator
19,668 Posts
It's 8:00p.......Do you know where your ice cream sandwiches are? You really should be more attentive to them if you don't.......someone else may find them instead. 😱
Hack

·
Administrator
19,668 Posts
Now that we have that important public service announcement out of the way..... :ROFLMAO: .......and I'm finished licking that cake part of them off my fingers....

Wasn't sure WHAT I was looking at Doug...was hoping it wasn't you in an accident......life started to come into focus EVENTUALLY for me, and decided I was looking at perhaps 'dog paraphernalia' or there of on your dash. At my age it resemble a crumple zone, and you were recording the evidence. GLAD I WAS WRONG!😁

Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,373 Posts
Evening from the of South Carolina
All this talk about corn's got me thinking..... :unsure: ......hmmmmmm, what goes with corn.....POP CORN.....OOOoohhhhhhh, MOVIES!;) I got some, pop corn that is, and a new can of salt, and the butter....well of course is always well stocked round here. So me be thinking a movie night lies ahead.(y)

Been out in the gun room off n on most of the day......not air conditioned, so these past couple weeks been tough getting motivated to go out there.....today, barely touching 80 under cloudy skies was pleasant out there.
To loosely paraphrase a famous movie quote, '....I love the smell of gun oil.....smells like.....MONEY.'. ;)

Hack
Wait. Did you go to work today? Or did I sleep through you coming back home?
You have ice cream sandwiches? down this way.

Jeff, thank you for showing us the photos of your new puppies parents! We’re all excited for you. We know what a good daddy you are to all of your critters what are they be fids or doggies.

Welp, I better do some cat chores and then watch something fun.

Grooviness for all tonight Last one to bed is a rotten egg.

·
Administrator
19,668 Posts
HiYa Vinnie and Rick!
BUSY vs RELAXING......OK, that balances things out nicely. :unsure: (y)

So why exactly am I posting, and smacking the 'like icon' this time of the day? BECAUSE.......'slow as runny boogers, ("SORRY Cath, no reference."), at work, and don't quite feel up to my normal Tigger bouncy self today, so good to to be doing this instead.....though I'm sure other stuff will pop up.
Hack
View attachment 244584
Oooooops.....get's I didn't 'technically' say I went to work, and then came home.....BUT I MEANT TOO! :unsure: :rolleyes:
Hack

·
Administrator
19,668 Posts
Surely ain't going to be anything rotten about this egg Cath......early to bed catches the Zzzzzzz's.
Hack

·
Administrator
49,206 Posts
No accident, pic was of overhead console thermo showing 106 F , taken on phone, yes I have a collection of Furgees outgrown harnesses. Off to the right in the haze is existing exhaust fan and the strip of siding to the right of that where the new 3" fan is going to be installed up Higher.
On A brighe t note at 5:30 its down to 102F :)
Jeff can back me up on this, when working in the Steel Mill back was I was young and tough, Around or behind the furnaces at Tap Time 130F was cool, Down in the pit pouring into ingots was warm. I wont guess what the temp was up on the Crane Carriages when electricians had to go up there and make stuff work. It was brutal.
This is unpleasant but not critical for most of us, at least humidity is low, and trust me you can find drier air than a foundry, Rolling Mill or Furnace. Even Death Valley get some dew point

21 - 34 of 34 Posts