The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dragon Wrasse I have really large rocks so he shouldn't be flipping over my rocks : guess I could get some smaller rocks that he can move around. But my question is how reef safe is he?

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
I have heard they are not reef safe. I love them and wanted one, but was told no at the LFS.

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
not reef safe at all. Also not safe with any invertabretes. Plus they get HUGE....I saw one in a LFS and my jaw dropped.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
I concur with what was said above. I had a client with an aiptasia issue and he had one of these (I don't sell them for the reasons stated above). It was very small so I *thought* the 8 peppermint shrimp I put in his tank would be fine (he had dozens of aiptasia). WRONG - he ate all the shrimp :(

Jenn

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
yeah they do get huge....up to a foot long. I used to have one in a old 55 gallon. He outgrew it pretty fast so i gave him to a local hobbyist with a 125 gallon dedicated just for him. They are very strong and can move 1lb rocks with ease, and shrimp dont have a chance. Good luck with whatever you decide. marvelous fish though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts