The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 120g tank thats 48 x 24 x 24 i wanted to keep clams and sps and was just looking for suggestions about some lights....i have two 175 w mh and 2 65 watt pc but i know need more thank you guys for your input

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Big al get some vhos dude some URI Actinic o3s :) I have 440 watts on my 100gal and MH also :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so how many watts should the mh be and then do i just get actinic vhos.......sorry im very new and just looken for the best set up thank you

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
well since you have the 2 175s I would use them and get 4 vho bulbs 440 watts:)

·
Administrator
47,624 Posts
I agree with Casey add a couple 50/50 and a couple 03 actinic. With the 175w MH I dont know the best K bulb, since Iwasaki doesnt make the 6500K in 175.
Did someone tell me they make a 150 that can run on a 175 ballast with no ill effect????????????
With the depth of a 120 you may want to eventually upgrade to 250 or even 400 watt depending on what you try and keep but definatly add the VHO
Heres a link to Hellolights , just for comparison, Check with our sponsors and see what they offer
http://hellolights.com/4654lamvhore.html
Note this is the ballast and wiring, minus bulbs, they are cheaper online than retail, but usually have to buy 6 bulbs to get a break on shipping.
Spares are good, unless you can buy locally at reasonable price :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts