The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little roaches!!!!!!! they are everywhere,,, I just got my 55 gal started, it's been up and running for about a month, I put a shrimp(removed it yesterday after about 2 weeks) in to help the cycle, I have about 35-40#'s of lr 40#'s aragonite sand. I don't have pictures yet, but can anyway tell me what are the little critters that look like baby shrimp? They are everywhere!!! Are they good or bad? I wanted to add a damsel and 2 different clowns(marroon and true clown(nemo)) this week at the same time!! Can anyone help me? My water parameters are good,,, Also what should my cleaning crew consist of? I am not trying to overstock my tank, I have plenty of time and I don't expect to get more than four fish(I'm expecting my lr to bloom with a few soft corals) once my tank is established)!!!!
Thanks Darieus

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pods are good. Just my opinion but I would skip the damsel. I have read hundreds of threads on Reef Central about folks getting damsels and then trying to remove them from their tank because they are harassing other fish. I have had them in the past and they are mean. Also can you mix different types of clowns?

·
Registered
874 Posts
youre not supose to mix different clowns, but then again i have a perc and an oc in a 10g with no isues. I guess just be warned that they generally dont go well with other types of themselfs.

·
Registered
274 Posts
those are definately coepods which would be food for mandarin's, which are really colorfull and very beautiful fish, and they wont do anything except run around your tank and get eaten by your fish so you have nothing to worry about

and be careful with damsels, although they are easy to take care of, they are so mean little devils and look good at the same time, so if you get damsels you will only be able to get fish that can keep up with the damsels

·
Registered
324 Posts
It could also be, well, baby shrimp! My shrimp paiers both cleaner and pepps had babies every once in a while. They would fill the tank for the night and be gone in the morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts