The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow it's been 9 months since I started the hobby. Thanks to everyone who helped and gave advice.
My tank started out BB with PC lighting, pro clear skimmer and a bio ball wet/dry.

Now after 9 months:
500W MH lighting
30g sump
NW-200 skimmer
SSB (for looks)

I started adding SPS about 5-6 months ago, The folowing pics are mostly growth pics. It's amazing to see how things have changed. I moved most of the softies into a new tank and am going SPS dom.

The following pics are mostly from member frags. I noted who I got them from below. THANKS EVERYONE!!!

FTS then and now:

Monti Cap roughly 4 months growth (1-900-reef) (it's still just as orange just a bad pic)

Birds nest 4 month growth (Grallster)

Acro 4 month growth... (it's right in the center) (1-900-reef, snaped off this for free when we did some trading. IT turned slightly pink with blue polyps)

and now...

Other misc pics...

This Purple Digi (Digitalias)was as big as the frag behind it 4 months ago, Next to it a Tri color (A. Valida)(Grallster)

Last pic... Green/pink rim Monti Cap (Bklynmet), Chalice (lfs), and Blue Tort frag (Grallster) (got the Monti in trade, it was about the size of a quarter 4-5 months ago now 2.5" across)

·
^on dbl secret probation
388 Posts
Looking great Chris:thumbup:

Brett

·
Registered
302 Posts
That's nice growth for just 5-6 months!
I think we both got Purple Digi the same day. Mine didn't do much for a while, & is just now really starting to take off. It seems to want to encrust more than branch out.
Hard to believe you're only 9 months into the hobby.

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
great to see our frags growing in other tanks
Yeah the monti you gave me started out a bit slow. Now it is really taking off! :) It's hard to see growth on a quarter sized frag but once it starts to get some size you really notice on a monthly alsmost weekly basis (for Montis at least)

I cant wait to see it in another year. There are a few moew corals I want to add. Specifically a Bali Green Slimer and maybe another 5-10 SPS Stags

·
softie crazy
634 Posts
looks awsome :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most of the stuff came back lost all the Xenia, a few zoas, brown stars and my purple colt. The tank look slike crap now. I have not cleanes the glass or the sand bed since the crash. I don't want to disturb anything more than nescessary. Will probally do some maintance this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts