The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I picked up a couple new frags from a guys house. I walked in the door to see his 180 setup. I have a 60 gallon and have seen bigger setups in stores, but never in a home setting. The thing looked incredible. When I came home and placed everything in my tank I immediately got into "I need a bigger tank" mode.
This morning I placed my tank on craigslist to start from scratch. I ended up getting responses when I got home. I read one response saying "call me asap, i want your tank," looked over towards my tank to see my little clown (nemomoney) swimming in his night time sleeping spot, and immediately deleted the post. I cant bare giving up all the little fish I've come to love and see everyday. I guess im stuck until I can save up more money for the bigger tank, then sell the old. These dumb little fish have sure made an impact big impact.

My watchman telling me that hes not going ANYWHERE!

Sorry for the pointless story, this hobby just makes me crazy at times.

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
This is not a pointless story as it has probably happened to most of us already. What you have just realized is your current tank inhabitants mean a lot to you. You will now take your time and keep searching Craigslist to find a good deal on a larger tank. Then you will move everything over and hope to make up some of the money spent by selling your current setup. Or, you will end up like me and just keep getting more tanks. :doh:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im picking up an 80 tomorrow. It was too cheap to pass up and looks really nice. I have a feeling this tank and the old tank will be staying with me. ill post some pictures when its all up and running. its good to know im not alone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gotta say this thread made me laugh out loud! I started my first reef going on 2 years ago with a small 40 gl corner tank. Eight months later I bought a 100 gallon off of Craig's list to replace it, with the intention of selling the corner tank to cover the cost. So now I sit on my couch with the 100 on one side....and the 40 on the other, both up and running. You can't fight this addiction, just let it control you and enjoy the ride. :banana:

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
I was talking to my girlfriend about starting a 75 gallon. So last cristmas she bought me a 150 tall and before I even put water in it she talked me into trading it in for a 6 foot 125 tank... Well they didn't have any in stock so I just took the money and ran. Started looking and decided on a 180... Well before I went and got the 180 I saw a 225 for way less so I went and got that. Then while I was buying a chiller the guy gave me a 40 cube... So that's 6 upgrades in 5 months with out even getting water in any of them. So don't feel bad.

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Maybe... When I first started out back in 95 I got a 55... With in 2 months I had a 1 gallon, a 10, a 20, a 29, a 55 and a 125. All full of water, rock and most of them had sand. I need to go to reefers anonomous. No for real... Someone help me!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That has to be some sort of record. I just cleared out my car and am ready to pick up the new tank. A 80 gallon tall with everything, including rock for $150. The tank is in perfect shape. I have a feeling my FOWLR is in the process, due to my obsession with (and my refusal to take my local fish stores "advice" on throwing one in my 60) the little devil known as the Flame Hawk! Im obsessed with the "what the heck is going on???" look of the lawnmower blenny and flame hawk!

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
heheh I know the feeling :) I started with a 12 gallon Nanocube 3 years ago. I have since moved to a 24 gallon nano and I think I am going to put my 12 in my office. I also went to a 45 gallon in the living room, from there I moved to a 75 gallon, then a 90 with the 75 plumbed through the floor into the basement as a sump. And I have a 150 that is almost ready to be turned into a frag growout/extra water volume. I now have my eyes on the wet room wall in the basement, time to build an in wall 220 with a bar in front of it :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts