The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so first I would like to thank you guys for all the help you have been giving me, i really appreciate it.:agree: second i have yet another question. I have been running my lights from 8 to 6 everyday but since my family is only really home in the evening, we dont really get to enjoy the lights, what I am wondering is can I move my tank into another time zone? or in other words can I turn my lights on at noon and turn them off at ten instead? thanks!:blob:

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
that's what i do... My lights come on later in the morning and go off (halides)at 8:30 actinics (only used for the dusk/dawn effect) at 9:30

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
so first I would like to thank you guys for all the help you have been giving me, i really appreciate it.:agree: second i have yet another question. I have been running my lights from 8 to 6 everyday but since my family is only really home in the evening, we dont really get to enjoy the lights, what I am wondering is can I move my tank into another time zone? or in other words can I turn my lights on at noon and turn them off at ten instead? thanks!:blob:
Absolutely . My tank comes on at 11:30am and goes off at 9:30ish . Just adjust it over a week or so . They actually get used to the lighting and start to wind down because they know it's night night .
Hope it helps and Good luck :wavey:

·
Marine Addict: 75g Habit
733 Posts
same thing here....my "morning" starts at 10:30a, daylight at noon, "sunset" at 8:30p, night time 10p. as long as you don't have any direct sunlight hitting your tank you should be able to shift the time zone over fairly easily, just bump it over a 1/2 hour every couple days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts